Hughesnet Community

Regarding the Modem Isolation Test with the HT2000W.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Regarding the Modem Isolation Test with the HT2000W.

Due to the HT2000W having built in WiFi, shouldn't disabling the WiFi also be a part of the Modem Isolation Test instructions, and even the template?  

If what's burning through someone's data is doing so through a WiFi connected device, and the WiFi isn't disabled during the test, wouldn't that end up making the running of the test pointless, or at least give results that seem to show that the data usage is on HugheNet's end?  

@Liz @Amanda

3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Pretty sure the macro states to disable wifi...

Please perform the following test outlined in the graphic below, this is known as an isolation test and will help determine whether the issue is with Hughesnet or your local network.

photo P2hSeDN.jpg

1: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter
2: Disconnect the LAN cable from the modem.  If on the HT2000w, please disable wifi as well.
3: Note the date and time of the disconnect, it is best when doing step two, to also capture the time displayed on your screen.
4: Leave the LAN cable disconnected from the modem for several hours, Hughesnet recommends doing this overnight, or during the day while at work.
5: Reconnect the LAN cable to the modem.
6&7: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter with the clock displayed on your computer.
8: Post your screenshots to the community.

Please be aware, if you downloaded any large files just prior to this test, or if the disconnect was for an extensive time period, some usage may appear to have occured, but should be rather negligible. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@C0RR0SIVE

You're right, it does (though not the template).  

I was looking at the following thread, which I've seen people being directed to...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Where-s-my-bytes-Testing-for-data-leaks/td-p/77194

Amanda

Gabe

Good catch. When Liz is back in office next week, I will set up a sketching session to be adapted for HT2000W's

~Amanda