Hughesnet Community

So, my last question about missing emails from the 'community' disappearing....disappeared

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_Vit
Senior

So, my last question about missing emails from the 'community' disappearing....disappeared

Try # 3 - I've signed up,signed in, was getting emails for about 9 days in January 2017 and now I get nothing, can anyone of the experts from the community help me out? 

Carmen Vitullo
16 REPLIES 16
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Pete,

The support Community is in a state of "change" at the moment.

The Community has changed hosts ... from GS to Lithium. Most posts from the former site were ported over but some were not, some may have been made after the posted cut-off time at the old site.

At this point I think everyone is busy getting used to the new layout and stamping out a few bugs.

Could you please re-post your original concern as it may have gotten lost/buried on the move.

I did repond - that response disappeared so - 

Try # 4 - I've signed up,signed in, was getting emails for about 9 days in January 2017 and now I get nothing, can anyone of the experts from the community help me out? 

Carmen Vitullo
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Pete, go to your settings and make sure this box is NOT checked and save.

If you've supplied a link, or an image it did not show sorry, I'm not sure what box - I've check my settings and I am subscrib

@BirdDog wrote:

Pete, go to your settings and make sure this box is NOT checked and save.

ed
Carmen Vitullo
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sorry, meant to post the image. Seetings>Personal>Email

email.JPG

thanks for posting the image, but for some reason, even when I am logged into my account I don't see the same options as you, maybe an issue with Chrome?

hughesnet.PNG

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You do seem to be missing a few things there... maybe try a different browser? 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Also try clearing all browser caches and maybe reboot the modem, hard power cycle, 30 seconds off.

cleared CACHE, no help

the only setting I see 

Capture.PNG

Carmen Vitullo
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Pete, what OS and browser are you using again and is everything up to date?

Winders 7 Enterprise SP1 at work, and CHROME Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

I've not tried I.E. just yet

thanks

Carmen Vitullo

finally found the setting, not real intuitive where they are - let see if this helps

Capture.PNG

Carmen Vitullo

Hi Carmen,

I found your previous topic on the old site and thought I would re-post it as it described your issue better:

"this is the second time I've joined the Hughesnet community, Jan 05 2016 I started getting regular emails to my hughesnet account, Jan 09 2016 was the last email I received and I've not done anything to change my account preferences, why?"

Carmen

From the context of your post it appears you are to the email notifications that result, or should result, when a topic that you have created, replied to or subscriber to has any posting activity.

Prior to March 9th the Hughes Community was hosted by Get Satisfaction. GS was notorious for have issues along those lines. Additionally Hughes email servers would tag an email address as a "spammer" and block any incoming mail. That requires some intervention on the part of Hughes support to get it fixed.

Beginning on  March 9th the Community began being hosted by Lithium. At that point you should have received email notifications of any activity on any subscribed topics at the email address you registered with when you joined the Community.

Are you getting email notices now?

If not verify that the email address you are using is able to receive mail from other sources.

If the address is up and functioning but you still are not getting notifications of community activity please post that fact here in this thread so that the forum Mods can look into the matter further.

I've done all I have been told, suggested to get community posts to my email, I am still not getting emails

I have setup a separate folder to store these messages, I have messages from Dec 28th thru Jan 09, 2017, then they stopped.
on top of this issue and trying to resolve, someone figured it would be great to change the design, look and feel of my.hughesnet.com - making to more frustrating to figure out how to resolve this issue.
I have no real issues with hughesnet, I wish I could get more data for less, like everyone else, faster speed....etc but we live out in the sticks, I feel lucky I have internet and have the ability to work from home if needed.
so I've done it all, verified email addy is correct, check my email preferences, but still no emails from posts from the community...where do I go now?
thanks
Carmen 
Carmen Vitullo

I guess my question is ...are you getting emails through that address from other sources?

Is is only Community response activity that is missing?

@Gwalk900 wrote:

I guess my question is ...are you getting emails through that address from other sources?

Is is only Community response activity that is missing?

so, try #4 response, each time I reply, my response does nto show up, wow! what great technology 

yes, all other emails are comming thru, all other forums, boards I belong to emails are coming thru, no issues. 

at this point, I really don't care, the emails are not cloggng my inbox, so I'm happy 

Carmen Vitullo