Technical issues with community right now... SOLVED

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Technical issues with community right now... SOLVED

There seems to be major problems with the Community at the moment, at least for me. I don't have the three dots in the upper right to be able edit my posts, nor permalink others. The options are not on the top of the message body (bold, italics, font, picture, etc). It's also not auto saving this post. I cannot Kudo other posts, either. I don't have the ability to post pictures, so I can't show what I'm seeing, but I hope the descriptions can help. I tried power cycling my modem and clearing the cache in both Chrome and Firefox. No luck. I hope this posts.

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade

I'm not having any of those issues....

GabeU

Ugh. It's like I'm paralyzed. I can't even create separate paragraphs. They all glom into one thing. I'm going to try to send a couple of pics to you through DSLReports, so you can see what's going on, or at least somewhat. And to make it even more fun, I'm dealing with really nasty weather, so I keep losing my signal now. Ugh.
maratsade

Does this happen with all browsers?

I'll check DSL Reports when I get home....I can't remember the password.  EDIT: Remembered it. Do send the pics if you can. 

GabeU

Yep. All browsers. I'm going to post this on the Tech Support section, too, for more visibility.
maratsade

Got the screenshots. That's crazy. 

GabeU

Woo hoo!!!!  Got it figured out.  It's uBlock Origin.  Something must have changed with it.  I have, or rather now HAD, it installed on both browsers.  I now have AdBlock Plus again, and all is good.  🙂  

maratsade

Have you used AdGuard? I recently went to it and like it a lot.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

No, I haven't tried that one.  I'd used AdBlock Plus for long time, but went with uBlock Origin due to its ratings.  AdBlock Plus works well, but if I have any issues I'll give AdGuard a try.  

I have read that some sites are now able to get around AdBlock Plus, so if I run into that it will be another reason to try AdGuard.

maratsade

I used AdBlock Plus for years, but then found that AdGuard did a better job, so that's the one I use now. 

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

No, I haven't tried that one.  I'd used AdBlock Plus for long time, but went with uBlock Origin due to its ratings.  AdBlock Plus works well, but if I have any issues I'll give AdGuard a try.  

I have read that some sites are now able to get around AdBlock Plus, so if I run into that it will be another reason to try AdGuard.