This is not a community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

This is not a community.

First this is ONLY MY OPINION. This is not a communty, it is a club. When only a few have the right to post thier opinion, then no post is worth reading.

I know this will be deleted, but I don't care. This is out of hand.

Everyone needs to go back & read thier first few post.

Many of us started by ranting, then the cooler heads calmed us down. Then the help started.

Reggie

23 REPLIES 23
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's labeled as a community and functions as such, and it's here for mostly tech and account support. I'm not sure why there is such a resistance to support in a positive environment. The Internet is full of braying fools and they have plenty of watering holes where they can go be disgruntled -- why not keep this one place civil?

GabeU

@Reggie 

I highly doubt your post will be deleted. 

This is just my opinion...

The primary purpose of this community is support.  Both asking for it and giving it.  And to have a little fun as well (the reps added the General section partly for that purpose). In the course of that people give their opinions.  "I like the mobile app."  "I think the Tokens are too expensive."  "They should let us use our high speed data in a piecemeal fashion."  "The plans don't give enough data."  There's nothing wrong with opinions, and they're valuable, as they can help HughesNet to know what is and isn't working, and to know what customers would like to see, besides the obvious, or course.  But, with that said, opinions are one thing and rants are another, at least, again, in my opinion.  Creating a topic just to rant about whatever the person's angry about is an entirely different thing, though all rants aren't the same, as some are about problems being experienced, and with those, I think, most of us "regulars" do what we can to help.  Again, that's just my opinion.

As for it being a club, maybe it seems that way because there are a few of us who are on here a lot, whereas most people come on here, get help, then are on their way.  So we reply to a lot of posts, as well as the rants.    

BTW, I don't remember you ever ranting.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH I started with a rant. One of the "CHAMPS" showed me a better way to get help. In my opinion if you  & others would take a page from his book. If someone starts with a rant just reply that is available if they will calm down

Then more than one person starts to reply in a way that puts the OP on the defense. Where do you think the post  will end up. No help.

GabeU

@Reggie 

If someone starts a rant that is about an issue they're experiencing or they ask for help in a different part, I offer it or tell them how they can get it.  If someone is just ranting for the sake of ranting, I don't bother doing so and will give them my usual go to reply when it comes to rants.    

U are right nothing worse than being put down just try to help and they will calm down we all know that we have hughes because in my case all I can get. But never call names or mind your manners I am 72 years old . I am sorry or my mean words I apologize guess it's the age with wisdom tc happy thanksgiving .
maratsade

Next time someone rants, you should respond to them and lead by example. 🙂

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

roanoke52 wrote:
U are right nothing worse than being put down just try to help and they will calm down we all know that we have hughes because in my case all I can get. But never call names or mind your manners I am 72 years old . I am sorry or my mean words I apologize guess it's the age with wisdom tc happy thanksgiving .

No I got reported on to liz. Private email aka shut up so I will never say another word in here
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@roanoke52 wrote:
No I got reported on to liz. Private email aka shut up so I will never say another word in here

I would like to read the post that caused such a response from HN.

Just want to point to two recent examples on here that three of the people in here have seen already: When you try to be nice and helpful and give appropriate, professional guidance on how to arrive at solving a problem and even give expoert explanations for how things work, it DOESN'T always end up as positive as you expect - expecially when the person 'looking for help' thinks they know everything, will do anything to be argumentative, and doesn't trust the answer.

That, folks, is the definition of proper trolling.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I agree 100%. My point is that a PRO won't go down to thier level. In my opinion you three are better that than that.

Reggie

maratsade

What are you referring to, Reg?

Reggie wrote:

I agree 100%. My point is that a PRO won't go down to thier level. In my opinion you three are better that than that.

Reggie

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

What are you referring to, Reg?

Reggie wrote:

Reggie

I was referring Mark's post. Sorry I should of used Quote. My bad.

maratsade

And I should've been clearer. 🙂

" In my opinion you three are better that than that." <-- what are you referring to here? 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

" In my opinion you three are better that than that." <-- what are you referring to here? 

Though I'm not positive, I think he may be referring to Mark, you and me.  As in we're better than, and should be better than, sinking to the level of a forum troll.  I think it's both a compliment and sound advice.  

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

Though I'm not positive, I think he may be referring to Mark, you and me.  As in we're better than, and should be better than, sinking to the level of a forum troll.  I think it's both a compliment and sound advice.  

That is what I meant.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

maratsade

Reg, are you then saying that you believe Mark, GabeU and myself are acting like trolls?

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

Reg, are you then saying that you believe Mark, GabeU and myself are acting like trolls?

No. With that I think I'm done posting here for awhile.

maratsade

Sorry you feel that way, Reg. I just want to get a clear understanding and not misinterpret your comments, hence my asking. But I respect your choice, of course.

Reggie wrote:

No. With that I think I'm done posting here for awhile.

@maratsade wrote:

lol... Actually, I don't troll because it's usually a waste of time and as everyone can tell, I don't deal well with timewasting.

Well, maybe once very recently, but it was a very obvious poke at Glenn.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine 

I don't troll, but I do try to get the point across, though perhaps sometimes a little too much.  😛 

With that said, I have been known to get argumentative from time to time, but only when provoked.