cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day "grace" period to cancel without ETF...as of 10-2016 is this still in effect?

Highlighted

30 day "grace" period to cancel without ETF...as of 10-2016 is this still in effect?

So don't hate me..I know this topic is a dead horse but literally I had a sales rep tell me there was no period in which the ETF could be waived except prior to install...Smiley Sad
I JUST ordered HughesNet so I'm hoping it works- and I don't have any unrealistic expectations ..
19 REPLIES
Assistant Professor

Re: 30 day "grace" period to cancel without ETF...as of 10-2016 is this still in effect?

Yes it is still there. The best place to initiate it is here to be sure it goes through alright.

Be aware for the first 10-20 days (depending on modem model) you will have unlimited service, the meters will reset daily. So watch carefully what you are using each day before reset so you'll have an idea what to expect when the monthly allowance kicks in.

Re: 30 day "grace" period to cancel without ETF...as of 10-2016 is this still in effect?

Hi Chez Malinois,

Welcome and thanks for posting! Yes, if you cancel within the first 30 days, there's no ETF. Also, what BirdDog said, your first 20 days (if you have the HT1100 modem) your data will reset daily to let you update your devices without depleting your monthly data allowance.

If you have any questions about your service, feel free to ask!

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thank you guys!!! And thank you BirdDog- I had read about that -how the data resets (here) and plan to download the monitoring apps as well that you all mentioned previously. Thanks for not flogging me for asking! I love this page! I'm

Really hoping there's no problem and I won't need the grace period anyway

Thanks so much- I'm going to download those tools you mentioned in other posts.
Any suggestion on routers? I'm assuming the modem comes when they do my install...

Thanks for quick response!'

You're very welcome! We're here if you need help.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Get out of it while you can!  Its total garbage and it does NOT work, its like having NO INTERNET.

Hmm. Right now I have no internet so I'm thinking it will be at least marginally better. Crossing my fingers and hoping it will be enough to access school website and let my hubby download a couple movies and pay a few bills.

Chris what didn't work? The amount of data or the speed?