Account Charges new bill shows I did not pay last month

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadowwalker.20
Sophomore

Account Charges new bill shows I did not pay last month

I mailed out last month's bill on 4/30/2022 with a check. Due date was 5/21/2022.Today I got new bill and it shows I did not pay and is showing double. I have never missed a bill since i have had internert with you. Been a member since 11/21/2015. I always mail out bill with in a couple of days getting the bill. I checked billing and it is showing double. Thank You Herbert Cook

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Correct, just pay the $90.92 by 6/20 and you're good. The $181.84 is there because your payment for that billing cycle (check 2548) wasn't processed until later. The current amount due is now $90.92 instead of $181.84 because the check was processed.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@shadowwalker.20 

For reference, the reps are off until Monday, so you won't hear anything back from one of them until at least then. I don't believe they're off for Memorial Day, but I'm not 100% on that.

Hang in there.

Liz

Good morning Herbert,

Thank you for reaching out, I can certainly look into this for you. I pulled up your account and see that check #2548 was received. Could this have been the April payment?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

shadowwalker.20
Sophomore

check # 2548 was mailed 0n 4/30/2022 $90.92  So by my understanding that should have been for may. And the new bill that we just got should be for june due by the 21st. and stating $181.84 and it is showing that the bill is due on 5/21/2022 and we just got the bill on 5/28/2022. My understanding is that we pay for the month in advanced? The bill is generated on 5/21/2022 or the 21st of each month so how can we pay it by the day  it was generated on,when we get it in the mail a week or so later? we have the bank statement and check 2548 was cashed I hope this makes since. We should only owe for june  $90.92. Thank you, herbert Cook

Good morning Herbert,

You are correct we do forward billing. Your current balance is just $90.92, which is, as you noted, should be for the June (rather the May21-June21) billing cycle. I think since check 2548 showed up in our system on May 21, the May 21-issued bill didn't reflect that payment.

However, if you check your HughesNet account online by clicking the Overview option at the top, we show you the amount due, which is $90.92. When in doubt, I would check there.

I hope that clears things up!

-Liz

Liz, OK If you check bill summary, It shows bill due 6/20/2022 -$90.92. Keep going down  shows 4/21/2022-5/21/20222. $90.92 past due and the total due is $181.84 as our bill in mail states. So should I just Pay the $90.92 by 6/20/2022 and all will be fine? Thank you Herbert

Correct, just pay the $90.92 by 6/20 and you're good. The $181.84 is there because your payment for that billing cycle (check 2548) wasn't processed until later. The current amount due is now $90.92 instead of $181.84 because the check was processed.

-Liz