Account error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nhdiane33
New Poster

Account error

On August 24 Hughsnet took $193 out of my checking account. When I spoke to the billing department they informed me that they have no record of this money being applied to my account. I was told to send proof of this (account statement, letter from the bank) via email which I did. I was told the fraud department would be in touch with me. They have not been in touch with me. This started months ago and I've been calling and emailing a couple times a week and nobody is getting back to me. This is very frustrating

14 REPLIES 14
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That's definitely frustrating. Hang in there until the reps on this site are back next week, and give them some time to dig into this. If they need more information from you they will ask that you send it to them privately, so keep an eye on your thread next week.  

EDIT: if you have any reference numbers from your communication with HughesNet, post them here. That would speed up the process. 

@Nhdiane33 wrote:

On August 24 Hughsnet took $193 out of my checking account. When I spoke to the billing department they informed me that they have no record of this money being applied to my account. I was told to send proof of this (account statement, letter from the bank) via email which I did. I was told the fraud department would be in touch with me. They have not been in touch with me. This started months ago and I've been calling and emailing a couple times a week and nobody is getting back to me. This is very frustrating

Liz

Good morning Nhdiane33,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I've pulled up your account to investigate and reached out to the those overseeing that inbox you e-mailed for a follow up. We'll get to the bottom of this. I'll post back once I have any updates or further questions.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Nhdiane33,

I have a more direct connection with the billing folks here at corporate. I don't know what happened with your previous email, so please e-mail me a copy of the bank statement showing that Hughes charged you $193 in August. E-mail me at communitysupport@hughes.com and let me know here that you sent it so I can check that inbox.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Just checking to see if you received my email reply letting you know that the email address you provided in the body of one of your replies came back as undeliverable. I clicked the link so I know it wasn't my error. Can you please check that address? Thank you 

Hi Nhdiane33,

Thanks for letting me know. Hmm, I just sent a test email to that address and it went through. Can you please try again and/or sending from an alternate email? 

If you're still getting an error message in trying to send, please copy and paste that error message so we can figure this out.

Thanks,

Liz

Hey Liz, did you get the email showing the error message I receive when I try to send you emails with attachments?  Maybe we need to use Dropbox or something?

Good morning Nhdiane33,

There hasn't been any new e-mails in the communitysupport@hughes.com inbox, last one was the test email I sent. Yes, let's try Dropbox, please. Private message me the Dropbox link with the bank statements indicating these charges from HughesNet and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Liz

Ok, I give up. I can't even send a link to that address. I've received EIGHTY or more mailer daemon emails from trying to send attachments to the communitysupport@hughs.com address. I can't even send you a dropbox link WTAH??? I have never in my life had so much trouble trying to send something.  Please help!!!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Don't send information to that email address. Send the Dropbox links via private message. To send Liz a private message, go to the link she gave you. It will open directly to a message editor. Type a subject, then put the Dropbox links in the body of the message.  See the image below. 

2021-11-10_15-19-26.png

Thank you. I have tried that as well 

Good morning Nhdiane33,

Good news, I got your emails via Russ, thank you! I'll send these screenshots to our billing folks at corporate to address. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Nhdiane33, 

Since I addressed your concerns in my last PM to you Monday and haven't heard back since, I will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Nhdiane33,

Please follow what maratsade suggested, I'm trying to get the Dropbox link via private message here as opposed to email since that's an issue. By the way, I did just get an email from someone named Russ, was that associated with this?

-Liz

Ok, I just sent you the PM. I did get an error message about an invalid HTML something or other so please lmk if you received it