Hughesnet Community

Autobilling Complaint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jabrown737

Autobilling Complaint

Just registering my displeasure at the fact that autobilling takes payment 10 days before the bill is actually due (and 2 days before the money was in my account). Who could have known? Thanks for the overdraft fee and for making me even more depressed about the fact that Hughes is pretty much it out here in rural America!
8 REPLIES 8
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

The only option to auto draft is to sign up for Invoice Billing at an additional cost of $5 per month.
That will have a bill generation date as well as a due date.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I must be one of the lucky ones when it comes to this, they actually take payment a day or two after it is due in my case.

jabrown737, curious is your data refill date and payment due date the same?
gelecom

You can stop that.  Get a month ahead and then pay when you want once a month.
jabrown737

No, they aren't. The refill date is actually the date I was charged and the due date is 10 days later which I suppose explains why they charged when they did. It doesn't explain why they would set the due date 10 days after they expect payment.
jabrown737

If I had the means to get a month ahead, it wouldn't have caused me financial hardship to be debited 10 days early. Just saying.
jabrown737

Yes, this is what I ended up doing. 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

To clarify, they are billing you ten days before the bill is generated, or ten days before the actual due date?  Whenever I've had automatic billing from a company the bill was charged the day it was generated, not the actual due date, as the due date is really the LAST day you have to pay it before incurring late charges.  So, in my experience at least, when a bill was generated on May 5th and was due on June 5th, it would be charged to my checking account on May 5th.  

To add, I've never had automatic payments with Hughesnet.  I've always paid the extra $5 (God only knows why we have to do this) to have the ability to pay it manually. 

Chris11
Alum

Hi jabrown,

Let me clarify this for anyone who also has this question. Your due date is the last day that you have to pay the bill. Here is a quick example. If your bill date is the 10th our system attempts to collect the payment that same day. For whatever reason if the charge is unsuccessful, the system will keep trying each day until the "Due Date". Which in this example would be the 20th. If it is still unsuccessful, your account will begin receiving popups until the balance is cleared. This does get a bit confusing and it has been a topic brought up before.

So always know that your "Bill date" is the day your bill will generate and our system will attempt to fetch the payment. I hope this clears everything up. The system is in place like this mainly due to customers who are on invoice. Since mailing does take longer in general. 

Thanks,
Chris