Autopay credit card at Hughesnet HACKED

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoosaTotahK9
Freshman

Autopay credit card at Hughesnet HACKED

My credit card used for autopay on Hughesnet has been hacked 4 times in 2 1/2 years. Credit card number changed each time! This last time ONLY Hughesnet had my credit card info! I started suspecting Hughesnet as being the "leak" last summer when it was hacked. This time Hughesnet is the ONLY charge I put on my NEW credit card and it was hacked in about a week! Either Hughesnet or someone at Hughesnet is gving out credit card info OR Hughesnet security is so grossly lax making it very easy for someone to get credit card info stored by Hughesnet. Whatever, it is the fault of Hughesnet!

So, the "leak" has been found. It is Hughesnet!

I need a phone number to Hughesnet in the USA and NOT to that Philippine switchboard!

19 REPLIES 19
Liz

Good morning CoosaTotahK9,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into this for you. Please let us know how you put your new credit card on file with us. Did you add your payment method yourself online? If so, what URL did you use?

Or did you call us to add your credit card? Which phone number did you dial? 

The more information helps.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I posted a complete timeline including phone numbers thursday night. I rechecked and made sure the reply was posted! I come back tonight and my reply is deleted. What is the problem?

I posted a complete timeline including phone numbers thursday night. I rechecked and made sure the reply was posted! I come back tonight and my reply is deleted. What is the problem?

And now I am reposting my SECOND reply to make sure it is posted. What is the problem?

And now I am reposting my THIRD reply to make sure it is posted. What is the problem?

WHY was my reply with all the info you asked for deleted? Is it because you don't want to acknowledge and investigate the HACKED credit card ?

And now I am reposting my FOURTH reply to make sure it is posted. What is the problem?

WHY was my reply with all the info you asked for deleted? Is it because you don't want to acknowledge and investigate the HACKED credit card ?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If your post contained a lot of personal info, or something that violated the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service, it may have been deleted on purpose.  

Please stop spamming.  

My original post contained no more than my lasted post WITH ONLY DATES to show chronological order of how the event unfolded!

If you do not like me verifying that my post is actually POSTED, THEN STOP deleting information that LIZ asked for and ANSWER the PROBLEM!

GabeU

@CoosaTotahK9

Firstly, Liz will already know your account number, as it's tied to your Community sign on.  If she needs any info that shouldn't be posted in public she'll ask you in a PM, not here.

Secondly, if your post contained nothing that violated the Community Guidelines or TOS no one would have deleted it on purpose.  It was most likely a system glitch that caused the loss of your post. 

Thirdly, you can verify that your post actually posted by seeing it on the site.  You don't need to spam, nor does spamming verify that your post actualy posted. Your post posted. 

Lastly, the reps are on M - F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  You will not hear anything from Liz until at least Monday.  

Firstly, that is very condescending of you!

Secondly, my original reply to Liz did post and WAS visible. It was deleted on purpose because you do not want it visible to everyone else that visits this forum. There was NO personal info. It was to answer and give Liz ALL the information (without personal info) in a chronological order. As Liz said in her reply "The more information helps" and "how you put your new credit card on file with us." BUT, the chronological order of it DID point a finger directly at Hughesnet for allowing my credit card info to be hacked!

Thirdly, I was testing to see if that supposed "glitch" would deliberately delete another one of my other posts. I'll check back later for the results.

Fourthly, I DID NOT expect an immediate reply, BUT, I was checking just in case and found my original reply to Liz deleted. So, I responded.

Lastly, who are you to be lecturing me if the reps are on M-F from 8am to 5pm. If you are a rep keeping late hours, then address the problem. If you are NOT a rep then you are a troll and I have no use for you.

From my original posts:
"I need a phone number to Hughesnet in the USA and NOT to that Philippine switchboard!" (The Phillipine switchboard MAYBE the problem.)
"AGAIN, I will not give out my personal information on a forum. IF you want my Hughesnet account number or other info you will HAVE TO give me a phone number of someone in the US OR send me a private email!"

"Private Email", now, if I am not mistaken the abbriviation for that IS PM. So why are you trying to lecture me on something that I have ALREADY know about and asked for?
READ before you speak.

GabeU

1.  Take how you will.  It wasn't meant to be.

2.  Nobody said it didn't and wasn't.  As stated, unless you violated the Community Guidelines or the TOS, your post was deleted due to a glitch and NOT on purpose.  HughesNet does not delete posts because they "do not want it visible to everyone else that visits this forum" UNLESS it violates the Community Guidelines or TOS.  I've been on this version of the HughesNet Community since the day it went live and know when and why they delete posts.  

3.  Call it what you will, but it's called spamming, and it's unnecessary.  And you were doing so before I ever mentioned anything about a glitch.  

4.  The info given about when the reps are on was informational, nothing more.  You're so angry, assumptive and accusatory I figured it best to let you know when they are on so that you didn't go off the deep end when you didn't get a relatively quick response.  

5.  I am not a rep.  I am a fellow customer. 

6.  PM stands for Private Message.  This Community has a Private Messaging system.  The little envelope in the upper right corner.  You'll see a red number on the envelope if someone sends you a PM.   

Good day and good luck to you.  I will not post on this thread again.  

I am RE-POSTING the information that you asked for, of which the first posting was deleted/removed:

On 12 March I had several unauthorized charges to my credit card. I notified my credit card company and my credit card number was stopped and a NEW credit card number was issued. Because of the previous attempts to put unauthorized charges on my credit card my username and password were changed, again. This time I also FROOZE my credit card account so that no new purchases would be accepted, only the monthly recurring charges.  At this point, my credit card used for Hughesnet had been hacked THREE times in 2 1/2 years.

I received the new credit card on 19 March and called the only phone number Hughesnet gives for customer service - 1-866-347-3292 - and spoke with a woman in the Philipines.

I asked her to transfer my call to someone in the US, she flatly refused! Since my hughesnet bill was coming due in one or two days I was forced to give the Phillipino woman ALL of my credit card info, including my name, my address, my new credit card number, AND the security code on the new credit card.

On 21 March my Hughesnet charge showed up on my new credit card.

On 28 March another unauthorized charge was attempted on my NEW credit card. I had not used my credit card OR given out the NEW credit card information to anyone EXCEPT Hughesnet!  I had previously suspected Hughesnet as the "leak", but, NOW, my credit card had been HACKED twice in one month and this time Hughesnet was the ONLY company with my credit card info!

For someone to attempt an online charge on my credit card they needed my name, my address, my credit card number, AND the security code off of the credit card! Hughesnet was the ONLY company/business that had that information.

Bottom Line: The "leak" of my NEW credit card information came from Hughesnet!

The "new" credit card has been stopped and a NEWER credit card has been issued as of 29 March. I will receive the NEWER credit card in several days. The credit card info that Hughesnet has on file right now is no longer valid.

AGAIN, I will not give out my personal information on a forum. If you want my Hughesnet account number or other info you will HAVE TO give me a phone number of someone in the US OR send me a private email!

This email exchange is now going to be copied and saved on my computer because YOU deleted my original reply and answer to your reply request!

Good morning CoosaTotahK9,

Thank you for your initial answer, we did receive it, but I think because of the phone number or other reason, our forum's spam system filtered your post into our spam quarantine, it was not deleted. I'm seeing your initial reply for the first time after checking our quarantine. I can understand how you interpreted this, and am sorry for the concern this caused, but we do want to get to the bottom of this as you do. 

I do suggest trying updating your credit card info online yourself, as that doesn't require another person in the mix, and our site is secure. 

I will escalate your concern to the appropriate department here at corporate, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll let you know if additional information is needed.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz,

Checking back to verify that you have received my private message with more details in response to your private message concerning my hacked credit card.

CoosaTotahK9

Good morning CoosaTotahK9,

My last PM to you was Monday at 3:56 PM, but I don't have anything back since then.

Liz,

I sent you a reply by private message Monday night addressed to you with the subject line "Autopay credit card at Hughesnet HACKED". If you can not find it then I will need an email address OR a phone number in which I can call you or someone else in billing to discuss this matter.

Alternative: I can try re-sending the private message, but, if you didn't get it the first time I don't know what good that will do with Hughesnet system deleting my messages.

CoosaTotahK9

Hi,

We don't delete messages, but I did get your private message this time, thank you. I've replied back regarding your concerns.

Just to let you know, as per your private message:

2 weeks ago

Hi CoosaTotahK9,

Thanks for the details. I'm currently investigating further on our end on your behalf, if you could please give me some time to do so, as I have to reach out to other departments and such. .....

Once I have any updates from my side I'll let you know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated."

I am still waiting patiently for an answer and checking back regularly. 
Just activated the new newer credit card today that replaces the HACKED credit card and entered that new info in "My Account" web page today.
Will let you know if this credit card gets hacked again. And again HughesNet is the ONLY company that this credit card will be used for! NO one else will have this credit card info.

Hi CoosaTotahK9,

Thanks for the update, do keep me posted on this new card that you entered online. Our site is secure so I don't expect anything to happen with your new credit card information. Management has concluded their investigation and found nothing that implicates the agent who assisted you in adding your previous credit card. Were you able to get any additional information about that unknown Lyft charge? It appears to be a $1 authorization/hold, rather than payment for a completed ride.

Hi CoosaTotahK9,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can help.