Best way to cancel service?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyadams
New Poster

Best way to cancel service?

I have had hughesnet for over a year now, and I plan on canceling my service. I would like to know the best way to get this process moving.  

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

By calling the number  866-347-3292. There will be an early termination fee based on the number of months you have left on contract plus you will need to return the modem and radio from the dish.

View solution in original post

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BirdDog wrote:

By calling the number  888-347-3292.  

That should be 866-347-3292.

GabeU

@billyadams 

Regarding the equipment, they'll send a return equipment kit (box) to send back the modem, power pack and radio from the dish.  It's pre-paid.  They send the equipment return kit out when the service is cancelled.  

The ETF is a little more complicated. It's $400 for the first 90 days, then $15 less per month thereafter.  So, say you've had it for 14 months.  It would be $400 - $165 (11 months x $15), which would be $235. 

Regarding the actual cancellation, they usually turn the service off at the end of the current billing month, as you've already paid for the entire month.  However, if you request an immediate cancellation they will do so and refund you the prorated amount for the part of the billing month that you haven't yet used.  Any data tokens you have purchased and have not used, however, are not refundable.  

Here's the legal info regarding the Early Termination Fee and equipment return policy.  http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

Hope this helps.  🙂    

7 REPLIES 7
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

By calling the number  866-347-3292. There will be an early termination fee based on the number of months you have left on contract plus you will need to return the modem and radio from the dish.

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

By calling the number  888-347-3292.  

That should be 866-347-3292.

call the number, pay whats left of the $400, which would 15 times the amount of months i have had the service from the $400. Then even if i am leasing the equipment i should only have to ship it back after they send me the shipping materials. correct?

GabeU

@billyadams 

Regarding the equipment, they'll send a return equipment kit (box) to send back the modem, power pack and radio from the dish.  It's pre-paid.  They send the equipment return kit out when the service is cancelled.  

The ETF is a little more complicated. It's $400 for the first 90 days, then $15 less per month thereafter.  So, say you've had it for 14 months.  It would be $400 - $165 (11 months x $15), which would be $235. 

Regarding the actual cancellation, they usually turn the service off at the end of the current billing month, as you've already paid for the entire month.  However, if you request an immediate cancellation they will do so and refund you the prorated amount for the part of the billing month that you haven't yet used.  Any data tokens you have purchased and have not used, however, are not refundable.  

Here's the legal info regarding the Early Termination Fee and equipment return policy.  http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

Hope this helps.  🙂    

I just now tried calling 1-888-347-3292, and I got a message saying that this number is not good in my area????

GabeU

@bgt7721 wrote:

I just now tried calling 1-888-347-3292, and I got a message saying that this number is not good in my area????

It's 866-347-3292.  The original post giving the number wasn't fixed.

Thanks Gabe, I edited for accuracy.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!