Hughesnet Community

Biggest rip off ever

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sissie0729

Biggest rip off ever

We started our account with Hughsnet in October 2017. I have had nothing but horrible service. Every time I called I was told we used too much data. We needed to up our plan. We continued to increase our plan till we were on the highest plan available and we still could not use any of our streaming devices!! Not once was a technician sent to my home! All we kept being told was our plan was insufficient! We have now went to a new internet provider and our internet works like a charm! No delays, and all of our streaming devices are working perfectly! We do not have the hughsnet modem even connected to the home anymore! It's sitting in the spare room. But imagine my surprise when it's showing connected on my account and now my billing is questionable when I shouldn't even be paying for hughsnet anymore to begin with! However, I can not afford the 400 contract break fee to cancel with hughsnet.
Bottom line... Internet service was completely atrocious. No technician ever sent to the property. Always told when I called to increase my data which means pay more money. Now using a different internet service with absolutely not problems whatsoever, but I can't get out of paying hughsnet. I am paying for a service through hughsnet that I am no longer using at all!! Biggest rip off!!
2 REPLIES 2
Amanda

Hi sissie0729,

Welcome to our community and thank you for posting here. I was able to locate your account and review the billing history. I see that we had received a call on 2/8/18 to make an advance payment for the next day. Since your next bill isn't due until 3/9/18, you haven't been charged anything since the last call was made to us. 

Last December we did receive calls regarding data concerns and found that one of the main issues in the overall scope of things was your son's Xbox. From the notes it is unclear if the issue was playing games online or the Xbox itself using a lot of data, but I think it seems safe to assume it is both. In either case, sending a technician to your home would not have resolved either of those problems. We would be happy to help you here in our community, but it does appear that we might be going in circles in that aspect.

The only way we can know that you do not want the service any longer is for you to call us and cancel the service, otherwise your account and billing will remain active. I would be happy to help by cutting the termination fee in half. You also currently have about a $71 credit on your account which can be used towards the termination fee as well. Please let me know if you would like to proceed and I will send you more information in a private message.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hello Sissie0729,

It has been a bit over a week since we've heard from you, so this thread will be closed. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please feel free to create a new thread.

Thank you,

Amanda