cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boomer needs help

New Poster

Boomer needs help

With children schooling at home, we blew through our monthly allotment of data (20gb) in a week and a half. So I upgraded to a higher plan (30Gb)just a few days ago. A new bank of data appeared right away. My question is: according to Hughesnet our billing period ends in 4 days...does the available data reset to our new plan limit (30Gb)at that point?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Boomer needs help

If you visit http://192.168.0.1 in your browser, you should see a screen that has a few charts, below the circular charts, it will state when your allowance resets.  Allowance resets don't always mirror when the billion period starts.

99999.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Associate Professor

I think when/if you change plans, your bucket resets to full. But, there's a limit to how many times you can do this, so people can't just siwtch plans, refill, then switch back when it's convenient.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks! I have no intention of downgrading...if anything may need a further upgrade, but for now my issue is not knowing whether it actually resets to 30 gB 4 days from now when billing cycle ends. Because obviously if so I can encourage them to use what is available now vs having them ration use so we don’t leave a large portion unused at expiration
Highlighted
Associate Professor

If you visit http://192.168.0.1 in your browser, you should see a screen that has a few charts, below the circular charts, it will state when your allowance resets.  Allowance resets don't always mirror when the billion period starts.

99999.PNG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, that’s exactly the answer I needed. Very useful 😊