CONTRACT ENDS IN APRIL.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hunterard9316
New Poster

CONTRACT ENDS IN APRIL.

Does it cost anything after contract is up?
How do I make sure I do not renew for another contract?
And I think I should be credited an extra $20.00 on top of the credits I’m already receiving.
The reason is because I have had nothing but terrible service for six months & I called multiple times &, you always just gave me more data or you said it was fine. Come to find out though my satellite was out of alignment & it had a bad piece that had to be replaced.
I’m due a solid compensation. Get back to me quick or may get my lawyers involved.
2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

As per the subscriber agreement, after your contract ends, you will need to return some of the equipment, or you will be charged for it.   Dispute resolution with HughesNet is through arbitration. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Hunterard9316 wrote:
Does it cost anything after contract is up? 

Does what cost anything?  Cancelling?  No.  Continued service?  Yes.  Your monthly plan fee, the lease charges if you lease and any applicable taxes.  An invoice fee?  If you've been getting an invoice in the mail the $5 fee for such will continue.  

@Hunterard9316 wrote:
 How do I make sure I do not renew for another contract?

You only start a new commitment if you have your service relocated to a new address and you choose the "Zero Re-Install Fee Option", which includes a 12 month commitment, or if you upgrade to a new service type, which at this time isn't possible due to Gen5 being the latest service offering.  Upgrading or downgrading your Gen5 plan size doesn't start a new commitment.  

Hope this helps. 🙂