Hughesnet Community

Can we just break up and go our separate ways?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechGuy267
Freshman

Can we just break up and go our separate ways?

It's just not working out. I don't like you that much, you don't like me...and that's fine. 

I come to you faithfully every day, but every day you consistently drop my packets, drop my entire connection, and send my base response times over 2000+ms. It's making it so I can't hang out with my friends from work on voice chats, pull up important documents, or just general do anything a work from home job lets me do on a daily basis. 

So, it's cool. I understand you overpromised and undersold. That's fine. I understand the business. Low speeds, I can deal with, but you constantly dropping my connection all day and making my response times so high that everything I try to do times out...well, it's just not working. 

Now, I know, I know...you had your friend the tech come over and try to fix things between us...and it helped for a few minutes, but now it's even worse between us than it was before he tried to help. 

So what do you say? You let me cancel and send your stuff back with no termination fee and I won't keep having a comped tech come onsite to fix an issue that's been constant since the system was installed. I know that costs you lots of money you don't want to be spending and I would hate for you to waste all of that money on techs and spare parts that ends up being more than the termination cost that will never get paid. 

Can we just end this relationship and go our separate ways?

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm sure if you posted in the Tech Support section your connection issues could be fixed.  

This reps on this Community are corporate reps, so you're dealing with a different type of help, here.  

I've had a tech out to the house, replaced equipment, etc. Still didn't resolve the issue. Probably easier to let me out of the contract than to keep sending a tech on site to waste Hughesnet's money on time and hardware, since it's an issue that has been present since installation and the tech couldn't fix even after replacing parts on the dish. 

They just don’t care. You signed a contract I signed a contract. I have called. You have called. I’m on Verizon so I can even post this because HughesNet is so slow. And they just don’t care. But I really enjoyed your angle on breakup post
stallingsben
Spectator

I want to cancel! I wanna get a lawyer
GabeU

@stallingsben wrote:
I want to cancel! I wanna get a lawyer

Your lawyer will simply tell you that there is nothing he/she can do for you because you are bound to arbitration, though I'm sure he/she may charge you for doing so.  

If you're having an issue, please start a new post in the appropriate section to have the issue addressed.  

Not true, GabeU. The contract requires both parties to hold up their end of the bargain. HughesNet continually fails to provide the service(s) they contracted to provide.

GabeU

@TimberTrussBeam wrote:

Not true, GabeU. The contract requires both parties to hold up their end of the bargain. HughesNet continually fails to provide the service(s) they contracted to provide.

You may want to read the TOS a little more thoroughly.  

Proving that Hughes net is as awful as they are with the contract they have would be difficult to show.  They don’t have to provide much.  I am positive that the technology exists to get internet in the woods of rural AR.  But HughesNet has not shown me they know how faster than dialup speeds.  Constant buffering.  Only one more year of my contract.  Today I am reconnecting to my old internet provider.  I don’t live in the house much.  Once a week or so.  I will just use that as my download day where I will have something to watch when I return to my HughesNet provider.