Cancel contract/ Waive fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy
New Poster

Cancel contract/ Waive fee

In the summer of 2017 I was volunteering for a non-profit and set up a Hughe's account on their behalf to live-stream a single event in August 2017.  We bought the Hughes equipment and hired a Hughes authorized rep to install for the event. The equipment was only used for one week in August 2017 and never used again.      The monthly fees were paid by the non-profit.  The equipment was purchased and lost in a theft from the non-profit storage area.

The non-profit kept paying the monthly bills from September to March hoping that we would have another event.  In March I tried to cancel the acount because the non-profit decided to have no other events and was disolved.  

In March I tried to cancel the account, but it was suspended instead.  In August the account automatically started again with no notice to me.  The non-profit was disolved in March and has no money and no bank account so of course the charge was declined.

I contacted Hughes support and they cancelled the account and reversed the August and September charges but would not reverse the $350 cancellation charge.

We paid monthly for this account from August 2017 to March 2018.  It was only used for one week in August 2017.  Hughes made plenty for the usage. 

Now I am stuck as an individual who volunteered for a non-profit which no longer exists with paying $350 or getting a bad credit report.  Hughes made plenty with 8 months of fees and 1 week of service.

Please consider some consideratin for these circumstances and credit the early termination fee. 

Thank you,

LeRoy West

818-585-8896

leroy.west@gmail.com

4 REPLIES 4
Jay

LeRoy, 

I will investigate the situation for you and reply back via private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Thank you,

Jay

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Roy

You should edit your email address and phone number from your post.  Keep in mind that this is a public site.  If the mods need personal information they will ask for it through the Private Messaging system on this site.  

You can edit your post by clicking on the three dots to the upper right of the post and then clicking on "Edit Message".

Hi @Roy,

I'm not a moderator or employee of Hughesnet, just a customer. However, I'd like to put my two cents in and say I hope Hughesnet will consider the circumstances here and set aside the early cancellation fee. I'm really sorry your equipment got stolen! Who the heck robs a non-profit?!?

By the way, just because I'm curious, what was the non-profit and what was the event you held using Hughesnet? 

Jay

LeRoy, 

I have sent you a private message concerning this situation. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thank you,

Jay