Cancel phone service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhillipR
Freshman

Cancel phone service

I have been trying since Dec 6, 2020 to get phone service off my bill. Talked to customer service four times and have four confirmation numbers that it will be removed, Still on my bill today. Tried the Email support twice, no help there either. Who can you call when customer service does not do their job? Customer service keeps saying the system will not let them cancel the phone service. Thanks for any help.

8 REPLIES 8
Remy

PhillipR,

I see it's your first time posting. Welcome to the Community! We definitely want to look into this, and get the VOIP service cancelled for you once and for all. Please send me a private message to this link with your account number or a phone number connected to the account. It'll help us take a deeper dive into this, and hopefully we can find what the issue is when the agents have tried to cancel. In addition, I'll make sure to credit the amount of the VOIP service on your bill this month!

Thanks,

Remy

Remy, thanks for the update.

Received an Email today asking if I had an acceped solution to my complaint. No, I have not. After four calls to customer service, two Emails to customer service, one try here on the community and two Emails to corporate, still have not received any help in removing the phone service from my account. After all is said and done from HughesNet Customer Service, there will be more said that done.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I believe those emails are sent automatically by the system, and you definitely don't have to mark anything as a solution. Hopefully @Remy will have a reply for you about your issues. 

PhillipR,

From the messages I've received from our escalation team this morning, I was told that there now shouldn't be a problem in cancelling your VOIP service, and they've cleared up the issue. At your earliest convenience, please call 1-866-347-3292 and request the VOIP service to be cancelled. One of our agents will be able to assist and resolve this once and for all!

Thanks,

Remy

Remy, well here we are 53 days after first trying and the phone service is finally off my bill. Called the customer service number about a half hour ago, Valencia transferred me to Randy at the phone service department. Then it started all over again, he said system would not let him cancel. He talked to someone and they said there is a problem. I told Randy that I had communicated with you and the problem was supposedly fixed, He put me on hold again and when he came back on the problem was fixed. Just checked my services and the phone service is gone. Hopefully someone can permanently fix that problem so customers don't have to keep calling and collecting confirmation numbers, I now have six. Thanks for the help.

PhillipR,

I'm glad to hear the problem was fixed! It seems to have been an issue specific to the account, and we've had our engineers looking into it to make sure it isn't affecting any other customers. I apologize for the long wait to get the service off of the account and appreciate your cooperation. If you have any issues in the future, we're here to help!

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"the phone service is finally off my bill. "

Thank goodness that was solved, but keep an eye on your bill next month, just in case.