Hughesnet Community

Cancel service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
home5mom

Cancel service

I need to cancel.  I have spent countless hours over the summer with tech support for no internet because it is raining in Nebraska. (I live in Michigan) Then my modem goes down - a week with no internet, got a new modem and it stops 5 hours later so more hours with tech support.  Half the time I can't understand them & it takes forever to find out it is raining 1000's of miles from my home in Michigan.  It is slow when it does work.  The tech support is horrible.  Transfered to many people who are difficult to understand.  I do NOT want to pay the early termination fee since I am cancelling for unreliable service and equipment. 

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You need to call the 800 number to cancel service.  None of the reasons you list for cancelling will get you out of the early termination fee.  

@home5mom wrote:

I need to cancel.  I have spent countless hours over the summer with tech support for no internet because it is raining in Nebraska. (I live in Michigan) Then my modem goes down - a week with no internet, got a new modem and it stops 5 hours later so more hours with tech support.  Half the time I can't understand them & it takes forever to find out it is raining 1000's of miles from my home in Michigan.  It is slow when it does work.  The tech support is horrible.  Transfered to many people who are difficult to understand.  I do NOT want to pay the early termination fee since I am cancelling for unreliable service and equipment. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@home5mom

It's likely that the reps here will want to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing before considering any type of reprieve from the Early Termination Fee.  But, with that said, the reps you'll deal with here are corporate based reps who have access to the engineering department, so it's probable that they will be able to figure out what is going on.  

Weather at your gateway, which is evidently located in Nebraska, can most definitely affect your service in the same way as weather at your home location.  However, it shouldn't be happening on a basis that is much more regular than bad weather itself.  I'm sure the troubleshooting will help to determine what is causing the issue so frequently.  

I should add that, if you don't already, it would be a good idea to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in.  This is to enable the reps to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary to do so.