Hughesnet Community

Canceled account, site says I’m still active.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hk2001
New Poster

Canceled account, site says I’m still active.

I just got a reminder that Hughes is going to charge me on the 9th, despite me calling to cance the account over a week ago. 

What gives? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning hk2001,

Thanks for posting! I can certainly address this for you, so I pulled up your account and can see the cancellation confirmation case. You're still set for a standard cancellation, which means the service will cancel at the end of your billing cycle. So on the 9th you will get the final billl, which in your case shouldn't have any charges so long as nothing extra is purchased from now until then.

For example, if someone canceled before the end of their billing cycle, their service won't terminate until the end of the cycle. If the person is still using the service up until then, and buys a token, that token fee will appear on the final bill.

Hope that clears things up.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps will be back on Tuesday. You may want to call the 24/7 support line at 866-347-3292. 

Liz

Good morning hk2001,

Thanks for posting! I can certainly address this for you, so I pulled up your account and can see the cancellation confirmation case. You're still set for a standard cancellation, which means the service will cancel at the end of your billing cycle. So on the 9th you will get the final billl, which in your case shouldn't have any charges so long as nothing extra is purchased from now until then.

For example, if someone canceled before the end of their billing cycle, their service won't terminate until the end of the cycle. If the person is still using the service up until then, and buys a token, that token fee will appear on the final bill.

Hope that clears things up.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!