Freshman

Canceled my contract

I canceled my contract but I didn't receive a confirmation email
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@jcline26 wrote:

The mods won't be able to get back to you until Monday morning.  Have you tried calling customer service or using the chat? That might be faster.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

@jcline26 wrote:

The mods won't be able to get back to you until Monday morning.  Have you tried calling customer service or using the chat? That might be faster.

I was about to say that tomorrow is Friday, but I forgot that they may be off on Good Friday.  🙂

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

@jcline26 wrote:

I was about to say that tomorrow is Friday, but I forgot that they may be off on Good Friday.  🙂

I thought it was likely they were going to be off, but I see now that there were mod posts yesterday. But they didn't have time to get to the OP, so my post still applies. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

How much will they charge you for cancelling your contract?? I want to cancel mine also. Have had there lousy service since last November. 

Mike

GabeU

@keechmike1 wrote:

How much will they charge you for cancelling your contract?? I want to cancel mine also. Have had there lousy service since last November. 

Mike

The standard ETF (Early Termination Fee) is $400 for the first three months, then $15 less each succeeding month.  With that said, you should create a post of your own describing the issues or concerns you have with the service to see what can be done about them.  To do so select the part of the Community that applies to your concern (most likely Tech Support), then click on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right.   

Terms of Service for someone who subscribed in November 2016....

http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-between-09-01-14-and-03-10-17.cfm

Liz

Hi jcline26,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and I see that your service termination is scheduled for the end of your billing cycle, May 1. At that point you should get a termination confirmation e-mail. If you don't get an e-mail around that time, feel free to drop by the community again to let us know so we can investigate.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!