Aggravated with CS Agents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skymaster
New Poster

Aggravated with CS Agents

I don't expect a response - I'm just venting. A couple of weeks ago I called to re-activate my account after being on winter suspension. I do this every year - put my account on seasonal suspension then re-activate it in the spring. This year things with this company have apparently changed because I couldn't re-activate the account - I was not the authorized account name. I put the account name holder on the phone, things were verified, and I was then authorized to take care of the account. Well lo and behold, my account was still inactive 3 weeks later! Needless to say, I was not happy. I called yesterday to find out what happened and the agent DID NOT understand what I was trying to tell him. After several attempts at explaining what I wanted he finally understood - Huh?! So here's the rub - my name was not on the authroized users list! AARGH! AGAIN! I tried telling him I was, that we went through this just last month with another agent, that it was not my fault that that agent didn't do her job, etc, etc. By now I am totally frustrated with this person because he keeps repeating the same thing over and over again, and I'm getting nowhere with him. I tell him I want to speak with his Supervisor now - I get put on Hold - again! (I lost track of how many times I was put on Hold). The agent comes back on the line - the Supervisor won't come on the line because I'm not authorized! Give me a friggin' break! I kept asking for the supervisor, and got the same answer. Finally, I put the authorized person on the phone and the same information as before was relayed to this agent - put me on the authorized user list. So we finally got that settled. Next was that I had to be transferred to Billing! But the agent came back on the line after putting me on Hold and proceeded to tell me that Billing had to speak with the authorized name on the account!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I told him he had to take care of it because he had just spoken to the authorized person on the account - no ifs ands or buts! He tried to tell me, but I wouldn't have anything to do with it. I said He better take care of it NOW. I was put on Hold once again, but you know what? He came back on the line and told me the account was being re-activated as we spoke. How FRUSTRATING! I was on the phone for over 35 minutes with this joker! I couldn't believe it. In the past, all it took was a simple phone call. What happened?

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you didn't in the past have to have the authorized person available to talk to on the phone, and that's what you are referring to, it's most likely that they, Hughesnet, have put further steps in place to protect the account holder.  

As to why you would have to do so again after you were supposed to have been added as an authorized person during the previous call, I have no idea.  I suppose it's possible that they will ALWAYS require the original account owner to be present when changing anything on the account.  Not necessarily when calling about an issue, but when they need to alter something on the account that can affect the original account holder.  

Though very frustrating, I'm sure, and again, I can't answer why you had to go through the same thing again, it's evident that they are VERY proactive in protecting the account holder.  That, at least, bar the frustration, is something to commend, as some comapanies aren't so vigilant.  

At least, in the end, you were able to get the account reactivated (or I hope so).  🙂

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I think any time when someone calls that deals with billing related matters (suspension, reactivation, plan changes, and cancelation) the rep has to talk to the primary account holder even if you are listed as an authorized person.

Adding others to the account mostly just makes it possible for those people to go through the troubleshooting process when the system is acting up, or setting up service technician visits.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I think any time when someone calls that deals with billing related matters (suspension, reactivation, plan changes, and cancelation) the rep has to talk to the primary account holder even if you are listed as an authorized person.

Adding others to the account mostly just makes it possible for those people to go through the troubleshooting process when the system is acting up, or setting up service technician visits.

That's what I was thinking.  Adding someone just allows them to call and address non sensitive things, whereas any time the more sensitive areas of the account, especially things that affect billing, need to be addressed the primary account holder (couldn't think of that term) is required.   Let me add, though, that this is only speculation.