Cancellation & final billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FGG
Freshman

Cancellation & final billing

Quick question, I hope.  No longer under contract.  Considering an "immediate cancellation".  Will I be prorated for my final bill (not even mid cycle yet)?  What about unused tokens.  Will they be prorated?  Thanks for any info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi FGG,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Gabe covered the rest just fine, but if you do go with an immediate cancellation as opposed to the standard end of bill cancellation, there should be prorated charges on there for services not used. 

As for the tokens, you don't get credit for that, per the subscriber agreement:

6.4 UNUSED DATA TOKENS. 

You agree that any Data Tokens you may have purchased, or which may been provided to you free of charge, have no intrinsic value if you are no longer a HughesNet Subscriber. Thus, any value associated with any such tokens will lapse at the time of termination of your Service.

Hope that clears things up!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brando56
New Poster

I will be happy to take your unused tokens.

@Brando56 Thanks for the giggles, but I was hoping a moderator or someone who has done this might answer my question.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@FGG

I believe that accounts are closed at the end of the billing cycle, so I don't believe anything is prorated.  The end of the billing cycle is also when they send out the box for the return of the leased equipment (modem, power pack and radio).    

As for your tokens, if they were tokens you paid for, I'm not really sure what happens with them.  If they are the 3GB of tokens given due to the seven or eight hour outage on the night of 1/1 - 1/2, I don't know that they have any monetary value.  

I'll tag the reps so they can give you some answers.  They're off on the weekends, so the earliest you'll hear from them is Monday.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Hi FGG,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Gabe covered the rest just fine, but if you do go with an immediate cancellation as opposed to the standard end of bill cancellation, there should be prorated charges on there for services not used. 

As for the tokens, you don't get credit for that, per the subscriber agreement:

6.4 UNUSED DATA TOKENS. 

You agree that any Data Tokens you may have purchased, or which may been provided to you free of charge, have no intrinsic value if you are no longer a HughesNet Subscriber. Thus, any value associated with any such tokens will lapse at the time of termination of your Service.

Hope that clears things up!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!