Cancellation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caelansmom
New Poster

Cancellation

My service started November 6, 2019 3 days later I tried to contact hughesnet because my service was terrible . I was told to reset my box that did nothing to improve my download upload or streaming speed . I mean it is pretty much nonexistent. When you attempt to watch a movie it buffers the entire time. My money and time has been wasted on this service . Contacted Hughesnet again November 15 was told technician would come out the following week. Technician came out changed out boxes told my husband we were “good to go” . I got home and the service was still the same. Keep in mind 5 -6 days a week the tv is the only thing used . Called today to canceled and request a full refund for the one month I had hughesnet and I was told that I had to pay a early cancellation. I asked to speak with a manager and she told me she was a manager. I think this is ridiculous and I will be reporting hughesnet to the Better Business Bureau.
10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Good morning Caelansmom,  

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'd like to look into this for you. Please provide any case number you've received during your calls for support.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

A valid case number would be more helpful. 🙂

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I apologize that’s the number I received . Is there anything else you can use

Hi Caelansmom,

Thank you for the case number. I was able to locate your account and review your case history. I see that the tech restored your internet connectivity last month, however we were unable to troubleshoot the concerns you brought up after the tech visit. We wouldn't consider any ETF waivers unless we make an effort to troubleshoot.

I ran diagnostics just now on your HughesNet system and all is working normally. Current speeds we're delivering to the HughesNet modem is DL Speed (Mbps): 35.505 UL Speed (Mbps): 2.987.

What are you trying to stream? Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc?

On which device are you streaming?

In what resolution are you trying to stream? 

Currently you have Video Data Saver enabled, if you try to stream in high definition with this enabled, you may experience buffering. Set your video playback to auto to so that it doesn't conflict with the Video Data Saver. Alternatively, if you want to stream in HD, you can temporarily disable Video Data saver, just be aware that streaming in HD uses significantly more data. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Please cancel my service. You all attempted to “fix “ the problem as you call it , several times over the phone every time you told me it was working great on your end explain how that is possible when with your service there has been nothing but headache and chaos. I even went up on my mps still no change . You give crap service and still expect people to pay the cancellation fee. That is almost laughable
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To cancel, you need to call 866-347-3292.  You can't cancel via the community.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Caelansmom 

As of right now you have three options:

1.  Do nothing and continue as is.

2.  Work with Liz in her troubleshooting of your issue, but for which she cannot do without your input.  Without doing this, as she explained, the Early Termination Fee at cancellation will be valid.  She also gave information that may help with your streaming.    

3.  Call to cancel your service, and for which there will be the aforementioned Early Termination Fee.

Good morning Caelansmom,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.