Hughesnet Community

Charged for equipmen I returned a month ago.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capnzathrus
Sophomore

Charged for equipmen I returned a month ago.

My automatic payment went through this morning, with an extra charge of $125 for unreturned equipment fees. The tracking on the returned modem showed delivered to HughesNet a month ago. I don't have the tracking number, anymore, but I know HughesNet has the ability to look it up. They paid for the UPS return label. I can't afford this and I don't appreciate HugehsNet's incompetence. I called about this shortly after it was elivered to HughesNet, because I got an email stating it had not been received. I was told not to worry about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In addition to posting this, I also spoke to someone in chat. Apparently, they were able to manually enter receipt of the modem. I, now, have a credit on my account...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you're a residential (as opposed to business) subscriber, the HughesNet reps on this site can look into this for you and likely fix it if not right away, then fairly quickly.  Hopefully they will deal with this tomorrow and you'll be able to put all this behind you.  

capnzathrus wrote:

My automatic payment went through this morning, with an extra charge of $125 for unreturned equipment fees. The tracking on the returned modem showed delivered to HughesNet a month ago. I don't have the tracking number, anymore, but I know HughesNet has the ability to look it up. They paid for the UPS return label. I can't afford this and I don't appreciate HugehsNet's incompetence. I called about this shortly after it was elivered to HughesNet, because I got an email stating it had not been received. I was told not to worry about it.

In addition to posting this, I also spoke to someone in chat. Apparently, they were able to manually enter receipt of the modem. I, now, have a credit on my account...