Hughesnet Community

Charged for not returning a radio transmitter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie Schie Car

Charged for not returning a radio transmitter

I cancelled our Hughes Net back in October after we had sold our house and moved.  I specifically asked what equipment we needed to return and if the satellite could stay.  I do not recollect anything being said about having to remove the radio transmitter that is actually located on the satellite.  The return box was mailed to us at our new address with no instructions just a return label.  We packaged up the modem and cable and sent it on it's way.  Now two months later I receive a charge to my account with out me being notified for $216!  I called customer service and was told that I had been informed of the equipment I was supposed to return in fine print.  How the heck was I supposed to know that I needed to climb on the roof and get the radio transmitter to return!  I had even asked the rep back in Oct. if the satellite could stay for the new home owner and she said nothing regarding the fact that I needed to remove the radio transmitter.  Hughes Net it would be very kind of you on your part to put detailed instructions in the return box as to what exactly needs to be included!  I feel like this is an easy way for Hughes Net to make money saying they "inform" the customer without clearly informing them in a simplistic way.  How many people know what a radio transmitter is?  In order for me to get my money back I have to contact the new home owner, hope they didn't do anything to that satellite and see if I can send it back.  When I asked the customer service rep what I do if they are currently using that satellite he said we will have to see if that is the case.  I am extremely frustrated that a company can not clearly communicate in simply terms what their expectations are!  I will never be a Hughes Net customer again based on customer service despite the fact that it was reliable internet in a very rural area. 
6 REPLIES 6
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Do you happen to have a recent case number so that a CSR can locate your account in the system in the event that they can't locate one by your community name?
Katie Schie Car

yes
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Ok, then can you post it ?

Amanda

Hi Katie -

We're very sorry for any confusion and would appreciate the case number you have so we can have the call reviewed. So to confirm, the box you received was small and only had a return label? It did not include the following instructions:  http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1039586-0001_b.pdf ?

Thanks
Amanda
katy

I have had the same experience, I was never told that there was a radio transmitter that I had to climb onto the roof of my house to take off of the dish. Also, the box that was sent to me for the modem there were no instructions, only a shipping label. UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNETHICAL.
nikkibernt

I was also unaware that I needed to return the radio, I was booted out of my house and unable to return and the satellite was taken off the house and said it's not their problem and I would still be charged for it, I didn't install it so how should I know there was anything up there that needed to be taken off