Complaint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dissappointed5
Freshman

Complaint

Kevman here, Since we have purchased internet from you back in October, our internet is horrid..  Yes, you have speeds that are decent,

but the Latency makes our internet almost non-existent..   I have to admit, I only have had Satelitte once before, that time it was just as 

bad.   Last thing, I do understand that we moved to a rural area  but why in the year 2019, we still have crappy Satelitte internet?   Last thing, is this data cap,  WTH is that?  cap?   We have unlimited on our phone's, also when we had cable we was not charged for "Capping".. That is just plain stupid..   

Finally, Why is it when our phones are on Wifi with "HughesNet"  it is taking away from our "Data"!?    **bleep**, you can go to Mcdonalds and buy a dollar burger and coffee and get a hour of "Free" Wifi...   Please if you want to continue as a competitave company get the **bleep** out of the dark ages!

thanks but no thanks..

Kevin H.

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Dissappointed5 

First and foremost, please refrain from using profanity when posting on this site.  Not only is it disrespectful to everyone that utilizes this Community, as well as being entirely unnecessary, it is a violation of the Community Terms of Service and is against the Community Guidelines.  

Regarding the latency, nothing can be done about that.  The distance the signal has to travel, which accounts for around 500ms, give or take a few ms, plus the infrastructure the service has to travel "through", means the latency will never be below 600ms or so.   

Anything that utilizes your HughesNet service for internet will use data, including your cell phone connected via WiFi. 

Regarding the soft data caps, they are a necessity for a service with considerably smaller capacity than ground based services.  The soft data caps are in place to allow that capacity to be utilized by all subscribers.  Without those soft data caps everybody and their brother would be trying to stream every evening for hours on end, causing the system to experience a digital traffic jam, meaning no one would be able to do anything. 

urquijoa
New Poster

I 100% agree, this company has been the worst service provider i have every worked with. Not only is it outrageously expensive, the services is absolutely horrible, and despite the numerous calls and promises I am give by customer service, nothing has been done.

I recently moved and instead of canceling my service at that time due to the horrendous payment, we decided to move the service and finish out the contract. When discussing the move i was promised that I would not have any changes to may contact. Come to find out they added 2 years to my contact!!!!!

This company is simply out to rob you of your money. I had heard nothing but complaints about hughesnet now that I have begun to ask around. Wish I would have known before handing over thousands of dollars to them.

GabeU

@urquijoa 

If you're having some type of technical or billing issue, I recommend starting a new topic in the appropriate section to get the issue resolved.  

Sounds like what i need to do, Mr. Professor.  Glad I had you to navagate me thru this..

thanks..  

maratsade

Yep, that is actually what you need to do.  You're not going to get any support or your money back or anything at all with the rude attitude towards people who are trying to help you. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Dissappointed5 wrote:

Sounds like what i need to do, Mr. Professor.  Glad I had you to navagate me thru this..

thanks..  

Yep, Its a shame that they are allowed to operate...   We will pay the difference to get out of contract in March..

Rip-off Artists..

Disappointed1

maratsade

You are so lucky to live in a free country, where you can just pay the fine to break the contract and go on your merry way to greener pastures.  Lucky!

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Dissappointed5 wrote:

Yep, Its a shame that they are allowed to operate...   We will pay the difference to get out of contract in March..

Rip-off Artists..

Disappointed1

Phadden
Freshman

Worst service ever. And they want 400 dollars to cancel. I was wondering why the technician left me a tube of lube.
maratsade

That was a mistake.  He should've left you a roll of duct tape for your mouth.