Contract Over?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laujfamily
New Poster

Contract Over?

Have I reached the end of my contract if I were to cancel?

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your contract lasts 2 years.   When did you start service?  You can cancel at any time during those two years, but you need to pay an early termination fee if you cancel before the end of the two-year contract. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Laujfamily

If you're in a contract as a new sign up, you can see how long you have left on it by signing in to the HughesNet MyAccount site, clicking on the "My Bill" tab, and viewing either your current, or one of your recent, invoices.  In the Account  Summary box, there is a spot under your Bill To address info that says "Customer Since".  Contracts are for 24 months, so you can gauge how long you have left on it.  

If you're in contract due to an upgrade, you can take a look through your old invoices to see when your price changed to get an idea of when the upgrade occurred.  

Also, keep in mind that any service suspension pushes the end of contract date out for as long as the service suspension was in place, so if you had requested a service suspension for three months, your contract would end three months later.   So if it originally was to end on Sept 16th, 2018, it would end on Dec 16th, 2018.  These are only arbitrary numbers and dates used for examples.  

As for an Early Termination Fee, for Residential service it's $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.  For HughesNet Voice service it's $10 times the number of months left in the 24 month contract.  

Also, if/when you do cancel the service, if you are a lease customer please be sure to return the modem, the power pack, and the radio from the dish.  HughesNet will send out a return kit for these items when the account is closed.  The return kit will contain instructions on what needs to be returned, as well as a prepaid return shipping label.  It's a good idea to copy down the return shipping label tracking number, just to be safe.  

Hope this helps.  🙂  

Edit:  Info about the Early Termination Fee...  http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

Liz

Good morning Laujfamily,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! maratsade and Gabe provided great info regarding your question. I pulled up your account to check on your status and you are no longer under contract. Hope that helps!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!