Crappy Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chilly70
New Poster

Crappy Internet

I am very disappointed with my service....I was told my the installer that 20 mbps would accommodate 7 devices.

I explained to him that we use the devices most of the day as we are retired and use the internet for pleasure....
We ran out of data in just 2 weeks. I called and upgraded our service and once again was told that we should
be ok with the 7 devices....Well, we ran out in 16 days....I don't believe that I was given the right information.
Unfortunately we are under a 2 yr contract which I wish we had never signed....Trust me I will not recommend 
your service to anyone as they will more than likely be given the wrong info as well....
2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The system works well as long as people learn to accept and live within its limitations, and people need to realize that they can't expect satellite internet to work like land-based internet, as satellite internet is far more limited. Did you read the information about HughesNet on the website? Did you read the subscriber agreement? It's not a good idea to go by what the installers tell you, as they may or may not know what they're talking about.  Seven devices can be connected to the network, but if all of them are in use at the same time, they will eat data very quickly and will slow down the network.

There is a lot of information on this site about how to manage the account and how to realistically use the system. 

Usually the limitations of the system are explained when you subscribe. Did you get this information when you opened the account? If you did not, you may want to request a sales call review. In a sales call review, the HughesNet reps on this site request the recording of the sales call and listen to what was said on both sides.  If you were misled, you may have some recourse.   If you would like to request a sales call, post your request under myAccount and Billing. 

If the system totally doesn't work for you and you're not willing to adapt to the limitations of satellite internet,  you may want to check other options that you may have locally. Keep in mind there is a penalty for ending the contract early, but if the system is not what you want, it may make more sense to pay the penalty than to pay every month, as the penalty will be less than the amount you pay over the life of the contract. 

EDIT: if you'd like to cancel, you will need to call the customer service number. 

Chilly70 wrote:

I am very disappointed with my service....I was told my the installer that 20 mbps would accommodate 7 devices.

Remy

Chilly70,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy