Data usage report.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyed94
Freshman

Data usage report.

I would like a detailed report on my data usage. For last month and this month.

I believe I am missing 3GB of data.

so I would like to compare my records with the ones you guys have of my account.

I talked on the phone and the lady told me to come here to get a report on my data usage. For some reason, she didn't has the access to give it to me? even though she was reading to me my data usage day by day. 

so I would love to see that report on my data.

My first month was up and everything was great I went to check my data usage and apparently I used 8GB of data before even waking up? maybe it was an update on my computer. but the oddest thing was that I never started at 30GB I only started at 27GB for the beginning of the month and I go to look at last months data usage. and there was 3GB for Jun 9 then Jun 10 comes around the beginning of my new data cycle and it starts with 27GB. That's why I would like to see my detailed data usage. thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The only detailed information available is information provided by the Hughesnet Usage Meter under the Usage History tab.

OR by going to My Account > Usage and then click History
Usage History.PNG

From what I have seen, the Usage History doesn't show your data at the start of the day, but what you have remaining at the end of each day.

Hughesnet can't provide you information on what devices are using data, nor how much data you use on a website on a day by day basis.

If you wish to perform some troubleshooting, please let us know.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The only detailed information available is information provided by the Hughesnet Usage Meter under the Usage History tab.

OR by going to My Account > Usage and then click History
Usage History.PNG

From what I have seen, the Usage History doesn't show your data at the start of the day, but what you have remaining at the end of each day.

Hughesnet can't provide you information on what devices are using data, nor how much data you use on a website on a day by day basis.

If you wish to perform some troubleshooting, please let us know.

This has to be a joke my usage history is the only detailed report for data usage? I can't accurately tell how much data was used, The usage meter can't determine the hours of use and it doesn't even show the amount of data you're using from a moment to moment basis. can we go fire the person who thought the current data meter is all that was needed? even from a business standpoint, being able to find what hours my customers are using the servers and how much data do they actually pull at one time would be a major benefit it would lead to better marketing. Just a thought (you could offer 30 % off on tokens when people are doing heavy downloads or something to that nature.)

long story short i don't accept that my history from the current usage meter is all the information HughesNet collects about my data usage.
So I still would like to see a report from HughesNet on my data usage in some shape or form. Thanks.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It's a two faced blade...  People are overly sensitive when they find out an ISP collects data, they want pure transparency then, and many will avoid an ISP that touts they (the ISP) track everything they (the customer) visit and do.  Yet, when something is amis or seems off the customers demand logs of their activities.  I have seen both sides of the coin, and Hughes has traditionally sided on the, "sorry, but that's not available to us".

As far as the system, they have provided all the tools required to monitor your usage.  Sorry, but it's upto the customers like us, to track each individual connection then make out to the internet.  There are many third party applications you can use to track each individual thing if that's what you're wanting, and many routers also offer such features.

Look it's not a Two Faced Blade. People need the tools. Most ISP's to my knowledge collect data anyways all they have to do a is track how much GB or preferable MB are being used from their server for each individual which, in essence, is the usage meter currently but what they don't want to show us is the min to min or hour to hour usage. I can and do track my data using a different software. But how am I supposed to guarantee that my software is working? How will HughesNet verify a discrepancy if my software says 3 GB are missing and their software says otherwise? They won't because there software and usage meter data is what they go off of....... Do you see the problem with that? 

In short. 
They haven't provided all the tools to monitor my system  I can't see how much data I'm using only At the end of the day, I'll get to finally find out if I went over or went under my daily data schedule.. awesome!!!! Not

This Usage meter needs a major update. And if you're fine with not being able to accurately tell how much data is going out at one time then you either have a huge wallet and don't care if you go over your data allotment. or you never use enough to go over your data allotment. 

for people who actually need to track their data usage at given hours or when running updates or uploading videos, we need a Usage meter that works from HughesNet so that we don't have to use a third party software to make sure ill have enough data to do my work and when using other software from another company there is bound to be some discrepancies in how things are tracked.. all the more reason for HugesNet to update there Meter.

SO Please provide me my full data usage report. Thanks. 

I agree, it is nonsense that we cannot get an hour by hour usage report.

@tyed94 and @ronnkling

You both make valid points but the answer is not as simple as it seems.

I was going to respond here but it is such a common issue I decided to start a new post instead.

The topic is here:

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

My post got so long that time got short so it is a work in progress but there is enough there now to consider.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Edit.