Hughesnet Community

Don't ever enter a contract with Hughes!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LARose03
Freshman

Don't ever enter a contract with Hughes!

The letter below was supposed to be an email to support.  "Page not found error 404" is all I get!  Tried to call too.  Extremely high call volume at 7:15 am CST.  I am extremely frustrated with the time and peace I have had to give up to try and get Hughes to allow me to cancel without their ridiculous fee.

I am responding to an email written by Aaliyah _ _ _ _ _ on Nov 24.  I wrote asking for my cancellation fee to be waived.  She told me she had arranged a call back within 24 hours.  No call.  (Second time I was promised that.)  My main question is how many times do I have to ask for my cancellation fee to be waived in writing or by phone before it is??  Surely you have about 10 complaints from me either by chat support, phone support or by email.  I cannot do “real time troubleshooting” from the location where I have Hughes due to poor wifi calling (another promise Hughes made me gone bad.)  I have called from other areas close to my vacation home, tried chat support, tried phone support (hour long troubleshooting with tech who could not hear me due to guess what?  Bad wifi calling) Finally it was “escalated to engineering” and wow, it actually worked with faster speeds for about a day or two.  Then my next time there, bam, download speeds 1 or 2.  My DSL previously worked better.  How many times do I have to report slow speeds, go through real time troubleshooting, escalate to engineering does it take?  I will try one more time when I go on VACATION, to spend hours again trying to troubleshoot in “real time.”  Beware, it will not be fun for the tech who gets my call because he/she will not be able to hear me.  I do not trust that Hughes will ever be able to consistently provide the 25 mbps speed promised to me on the sales call.  If it would work for even a month consistently, it would give me hope.  Put yourself in my place. Provide me with an account manager who cares about your customers.  

6 REPLIES 6
Amanda

Hi LARose03,

Welcome to our communtiy and thank you for posting. I am very sorry you've had such a difficult time with the HughesNet service and would like the opportunity to get this resolved for you, one way or another. I have located your account and will be running diagnostics to see if I can find the problem. Just out of curiousity, do you leave the equipment powered on when you are not there or do you disconnect any parts before leaving? 

Thank you

Amanda

I was told yesterday that the roku device is in sleep mode and draining data when I am not there. Of course, the television us off.

The issue is not data usage. The issue is slow speed. Yesterday the account manager told me my speeds were slow because I only had 4% data left. I am tired of excuses explaining "The problem." The problem is consistent slow speed. Speeds seem to soar when I'm not there to check them.

Back at the location where i have Hughes...slow speeds again. Speed test results download speeds of 0.52 and 1.67.  Latest account manager told me I was getting speeds over 25, she did remotely and I was not here to test it myself.  So I am back holding for atech support agent to start this crazy cycle over again.  

speed test 12-10.jpg

Yes Hughes net is not what I thought it kept showing it had good results but now have had for a couple of months and it is expennsive and let me down too   the speed is slow and uses up fast do not understand that.  We do have contract and wish I didnt.  Oh well maybe something better will come along very dissatisfied with hughes.

@LARose03 wrote:
The issue is not data usage. The issue is slow speed. Yesterday the account manager told me my speeds were slow because I only had 4% data left. I am tired of excuses explaining "The problem." The problem is consistent slow speed. Speeds seem to soar when I'm not there to check them.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jandwshiver

That it's slow, but it eats up the data quickly, might be a sign of something utilizing the majority of your data without you knowing it.  

Because this is the myAccount and Billing section, please start a new topic in the Tech Support section if you would like to troubleshoot the issue.  You can do so by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the aforementioned Tech Support section.