Double Billed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandx75
New Poster

Double Billed

I ordered my Hughes Net back in March and my debit card was charged for installation and the first month of service.  The service was installed last week and they just charged me AGAIN for almost the same amount.  

They have no record of the first charge and I had to fax them bank statements.  Anyone else had this happend and what was the resolution?  They had NO permission to charge my card the second time.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi Brandy,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you. I'm looking into your order history and I do see the initial orders from March, but I don't see those charges in your billing history, which has only started April 26. I'm escalating this to our billing department here at corporate for their input as to why this is, as that looks unusual to me. I'll post back once I have any news or have additional questions for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Hi Brandy,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you. I'm looking into your order history and I do see the initial orders from March, but I don't see those charges in your billing history, which has only started April 26. I'm escalating this to our billing department here at corporate for their input as to why this is, as that looks unusual to me. I'll post back once I have any news or have additional questions for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Huge hassle as no one I talked to on the phone had any access to that information. I never received any emails the money had been refunded.

I spent so much time on this. Why was this information not recorded in my account? That would have made it much easier to explain.

I would like to have the installation charge refunded to my account.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Not sure why you think it would or should be refunded twice? 

They charged it once, and because the install wasn't done with in 30 days, they refunded the charge back to your credit card.  Thus costing nothing, then once the install was done, you was finally charged for your installation and service.  

Good morning Brandy,

Thanks for posting back. This is not a common occurrence, but I've informed management of what happened here, suggesting how we can avoid similar cases in the future, so thank you for bringing this to light.  Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Liz

Hello Brandy,

Thank you for your patience while our billing department investigated further. You were charged when you initially ordered on March 20, but as per our billing protocol, since service was not activated within 30 days, your credit card was refunded on April 19. Then once your service was activated, you were charged on April 30 for the balance due on the first invoice.

If you still have concerns about this, please check your private messages. I'm going to send you another e-mail address to which you can send me a copy of your credit card statement, because I'm currently unable to access the email account I originally PM'd you.