Hughesnet - highway robbers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mad1
New Poster

Hughesnet - highway robbers

I think hughesnet never should nor never will be a be a top provider. The service stinks, customer relations are an all time low and they care nothing about business integrity. First of all since I had the svc it's been one tech problem after another. I tried for a month to get it solved. After never getting a solution I did what any customer would do I withheld payment. They then repeatedly attempted to take funds from nt account closing me hundreds in overdraft charges from my bank. When that didn't work they attempted to take money from an alternate account that I had used for a one time payment. Finally after many unsuccessful attempts to take my money they decided to call something they should have done in the first place. I make the payment only to experience more tech problems. After another month of tech problems a tech comes to my house and if you can believe this he never gets out his truck because it's raining. But, ne wrote up a tech work order saying he checked and repaired me satellite. What a lying b.... I withhold payment and I go thru another round of them attempting to embezzle funds from my account. 10 days ago I make a credit card payment. The rep told me what I needed to pay but what he doesn't tell me is that hughesnet was not gonna turn my service back on. They were simply gonna take my money. After 5 hrs I call back to find out why I had no svc still. At this point they tell me they are gonna make me wait 10 days. Had they told me this before I paid I would have gone to century link a much better internet provider anyway. I wait the 10 days only to have them tell me now that the advanced billing have to turn on my svc so that I can experience more tech problems. These guys are robbers and thieves. I've reported them to consumer affairs and in the morning I will be writing my state congressman requesting the state oversight cmte to look into how many other north Carolinians they've screwed. Then to make matters worse they fill their customer svc dept full of people who speak unintelligible English. IF ANYONE IS LISTENING PLEASE NOTE YOU ARE BETTER OFF HAVING NO SVC AT ALL. YOU'LL NOT HAVE SVC WITH THEM BUT YOUR BANK WILL CERTAINLY MAKE GOOD MONEY WHEN THEY START BOMBARDING YOU WITH OVERDRAFT FEES.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Here's the thing, you signed a contract, that contract stipulates that you will make your payments on time, and that Hughesnet will use any method needed to collect funds owed.  This same contract also has several disclaimers about service in it, such as the fact that service isn't guaranteed 100% of the time, nor are upload and download speeds.

I suspect that repeated failures to make payment would result in them taking their time to re-enable service (to make sure the funds are there), and it will impact your credit rating in the long run.

As far as the technician, there is nothing the technician can do while it's raining, it's pointless to troubleshoot a system in incliment weather.  Though, he shouldn't have closed the ticket.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Here's the thing, you signed a contract, that contract stipulates that you will make your payments on time, and that Hughesnet will use any method needed to collect funds owed.  This same contract also has several disclaimers about service in it, such as the fact that service isn't guaranteed 100% of the time, nor are upload and download speeds.

I suspect that repeated failures to make payment would result in them taking their time to re-enable service (to make sure the funds are there), and it will impact your credit rating in the long run.

As far as the technician, there is nothing the technician can do while it's raining, it's pointless to troubleshoot a system in incliment weather.  Though, he shouldn't have closed the ticket.

Let's be clear now you're sounding just like the Parrots who answer the phone everytime I call. You don't know what you're talking about. Now to reinforce hughesnet thievery now just today after I have waited their precious 10 days which according to you was for the sole purpose of ensuring the last unearned payment you embezzled cleared only to hear today, after waiting that now instead of 10 days it's 10 business days. This makes no sense but is just another hustle because again the 10 day wait was to ensure the payment went thru. We know it went thru because customer no service stated my next bill is not due till may 14th. So parrot, again your nose is in the wrong conversation. I'll be redeemed u just wait. But if u look no where prior to today was business days ever discussed. It was about ensuring payment processes. If your nose is long or deep enough u will read that at midnight last night I was assured the svc would be on at 9a when the advanced bull **bleep**ters came in. 7p still no svc. Again don't even open the door about returned payments. The main reason I stopped payment was because I got crap for svc. And for you to have to idiot gall to try and justify a lazy thief who stole your time sitting in front of my house just shows your ignorance. It was raining wherever he came from before he went to my house. Be knew it was raining before he got there. Be knew the rain was forecasted for most of the day. Then why come sit in front of NY house. Why not go back to his stall? Why is it when I call tech spt they assert a tech came and did some work? Reason? Because he reported that he did. Only bright spot is that I can't think of a better company to RIP off than hughesnet. So mind ur business and get my svc back on moron.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Mad1 wrote:
Let's be clear now you're sounding just like the Parrots who answer the phone everytime I call. You don't know what you're talking about.

Pretty sure I do know what I am talking about.

@Mad1 wrote:
The main reason I stopped payment was because I got crap for svc. 

Failure to make a payment will result in your terminal being barred with a statecode of 21.2.11, doesn't matter WHY you blocked the payment, you agreed to make your payments on time.  Failure to make a payment, for any reason, will result in your service being suspended.

@Mad1 wrote:
And for you to have to idiot gall to try and justify a lazy thief who stole your time sitting in front of my house just shows your ignorance.

Insulting ones intelligence doesn't leave much room for one to speak.

@Mad1 wrote:
It was raining wherever he came from before he went to my house. Be knew it was raining before he got there. Be knew the rain was forecasted for most of the day. Then why come sit in front of NY house. Why not go back to his stall?

How are you positive of that?  Some of these technicians have to drive 100 miles or more to reach their destination, just because it's raining at your location, doesn't mean it was raining, nor forecasted for his location to have rain all day.  95% chance he waited to see if it would clear up any time soon or if there would be a break to check the system out.  Why he closed the ticket is beyond me, though I am sure @Liz wouldn't mind looking into that.

@Mad1 wrote:
Only bright spot is that I can't think of a better company to RIP off than hughesnet.

Your credit rating, not mine.

@Mad1 wrote:
 So mind ur business and get my svc back on moron.

*your
*service

Oh, and insults wont be tolerated, please read the community guidelines & community terms of service prior to posting again, and please, refrain from insults and trolling other users.
Getting Started
Community Guidelines
Community Terms of Service

Hi Michael, thank you for joining our community. We have located your account and see that you have called in about a data usage issue several times, however, the other cases on record pertain to billing issues. Due to the current billing status of your account, we will have to wait until your account is reactivated to be able to find, diagnose and troubleshoot any technical concerns you may have. To see your current account balance please click on the "My Account" tab at the top of this page and review your billing detail information. 

-Wade