Hughesnet Community

EARLY TERMINATION FEE HUGHES NET VOIDED THERE CONTRACT!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
big41
Freshman

EARLY TERMINATION FEE HUGHES NET VOIDED THERE CONTRACT!!

I AM BEING CHARGED $145.00 FOR ETF I NEVER AGREED TO THIS CHARGE HUGHES NET INTERNET VOIDED THERE CONTRACT  BY NOT GIVING ME THE INTERNET SPEEDS THAT WERE EXPECTED ALSO HUGHES NET INTERNET DOES NOT SUPPORT ONLINE GAMING ALSO HUGHES NET INTERENET WILL NOT SUPPORT A CELL PHONE BOOSTER FOR MUCH NEEDED CELL COVERAGE IN MY HOUSE HUGHES NET HAS MY PERMISSION TO LISTEN TO CALL WITH REPRESENTATIVE STATING I DONT AGREE TO THIS 145.00 

13 REPLIES 13
Amanda

Hello big41,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. You are absolutely right, our service is not recommended for online, real-time gaming or cell signal boosters/extenders. I have located your account already, have opened a case and will do a full account review. 

Just to clarify, are you stating that when you called to cancel you were told about the early termination fee and opted to not cancel because you do not feel you should pay the fee? Or did you tell the agent you wanted to cancel and agreed to cancel but just told the agent you were not going to pay the fee?

Thank you,

Amanda

I wanted to cancel but did not agree to the etf I cancelled because slow speeds ,gaming,and phone booster This is clearly on your end I paid my bill each month expecting internet that would be useful for what I needed however that was not the case
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I wanted to cancel but did not agree to the etf"

You agree to the terms of the service agreement (including the ETF) when you accept installation of the service. 

See http://legal.hughes.com/

Hughes net did not provide me with fast internet and internet that would work for what I needed
maratsade

Read the subscriber agreement:   "Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than the maximum speeds during peak hours. In addition, when connected to the Service using Wi-Fi, the user’s experience will vary based on the proximity to the Wi-Fi source and the strength of the signal, and its usage is subject to the Fair Access Policy."

http://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

In addition why was I never told when I signed up that I couldn't use Hughes net internet for gaming or cell booster ??
maratsade

It seems you may not have done enough research about the service before signing up -- the information is there on the website.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

It seems you may not have done enough research about the service before signing up -- the information is there on the website.  

Yes, a little research goes a long way.

People who have other, better, options for Internet should never go with satellite. It is pretty hobbled compared to decent cable Internet and even many WISP systems. Satellite serves my wife and I fine for what we use it for but many can not, or don't want to, adjust to its limitations.

Hello big41,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hello big41,

Unfortunately your sales call is not available since you ordered service almost 2 years ago. If you do not agree to the $145 early termination fee you can reactivate your account until your contract has expired.

Thank you,

Amanda

Markhenri52
New Poster

Hughes net is screwing me too. I have a very sick son that needs a lung transplant. The only thing he can do pretty much is play his games on his ps4 pro. He cant play them with hughes net It kicks him off all the time. I have recently moved so they made me start over with the contract I told them i didnt want their services any longer Now they want me to pay over $400 to shut it off. Never again
maratsade

Is your son playing games in real time?  According to the Hughesnet website: 

Why don't real-time games work?

With satellite service, the data must travel up to the satellite and back (about 45,000 miles). This round trip adds about a half-second delay to the total time your computer takes to communicate with a Website or host server. That will prevent real-time, multi-player games from establishing or maintaining a reliable connection with the gaming server.

Regarding the fee for breaking the contract, you may want to open a new ticket on the myAccount and Billing page by clicking on the button labeled Start a topic.   This way the Hughesnet reps on the site can address your situation independently of other people's tickets. 

maratsade

redacted by maratsade