Hughesnet Community

EMAIL! - Huge Question: Why do I receive SOME emails .... BUT not ALL emails sent to me???????? HELP!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virginiaman

EMAIL! - Huge Question: Why do I receive SOME emails .... BUT not ALL emails sent to me???????? HELP!

Yet another email - frustrating - problem. I get .....some email. However, I don't get all sent to me. Now, I'm talking people I know and are NOT in any Spam or other restricting area. (my daughter - My friends, etc. ..... Senders I know. (Funny.... it seems that I do get ALL the crap and unsolicited emails. Wait....NMOT funny!) Help if you can. I have had GREAT fortune from getting GREAT advice here on this ..... whatever you call it. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Have you checked your spam or junk folder and settings ?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Are you using the WebMail interface (browser) or a third party client like Outlook or Thunderbird? Are your friends getting a undeliverable message on their end?
virginiaman

Thanks, Gwalk900 - I just checked the spam folder and they are all there. How do I set so this doesn't happen again?

Chris11
Alum

Hi virginaman,

Glad you were able to find the emails. Once you have them open there should be an option to mark them as "not" spam. This will make sure that emails from the same source will no longer be sent to the spam folder.

- Chris
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hi virginaman,

You can adjust the sensitivity of the spam filter from none to high.

I only use the webmail interface when I am on a mobile device so I have turned to spam filtration totally off relying instead the spam rules and filter built into my email client program.

This is how to adjust the webmail filter settings:

(click on picture for larger image)

virginiaman

Gwalk900, - Thank you. When I went to the settings it says I already have "none" for a setting. Maybe that's just because I went to the settings and it always "starts" at "none". Either way, I thank you