Early termination fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JessWilkey21
Freshman

Early termination fee

Hughes Net has the most ridiculous customer service I’ve ever encountered! They will LIE to you in a heartbeat and never live up to what they tell you! Very disappointed in there service! I was charged an early termination fee after being told that if the problem was not resolved in a month. The problem was not resolved, but I gave them another month! Finally, called to cancel and they still charged an early termination fee and apparently can’t find anywhere in their notes about being able to cancel without being charged the early termination fee! It’s not my fault the service is terrible! After all the calls I have made, making complaints there is no way I should have been charged 220.00. Not to mention this was my second contract with them.
11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your post is a bit rambling and hard to understand. 

" I was charged an early termination fee after being told that if the problem was not resolved in a month."

Something's missing there. 

" there is no way I should have been charged 220.00"

Why not? It was probably what you owed.

" Not to mention this was my second contract with them."

So? If you end a contract early, there's a fee, even if it's your second contract, or your 10th.

Liz

Hi Jess,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  I can certainly take a look into your case history for you. Do you have an estimated time period of when an offer was made? A case number would be even better.

Looking forward to hearing back. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I do not have a case number. I do know the issues began in July.

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your patience while I dug into your account. I'm also not seeing any mention of waiving the ETF in any of your cases. I do see we have credited you an entire month of service for the issues you called in about last July. In the more recent calls, we weren't able to complete troubleshooting before you requested cancellation. Typically we may explore other options (which can include waiving the ETF) only if we complete troubleshooting and engineering reviews the data. As it stands, the ETF is valid. I know that's not the answer you were hoping for, but I would appreciate your understanding our position.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Yes. I initially called to cancel. But was talked into staying because I was told they could fix it. & I was told that I could cancel with no fee if the problem was not resolved. The issue was never fixed.

OK this tidbit helps, let me investigate more into this retention call. 

They also said, that they would have engineering call us and we never heard anything.

Anything new on the investigation of the retention call?
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

They'll get back to you when they have information to give you -- sometimes it takes a while. 

JessWilkey21 wrote:
Anything new on the investigation of the retention call?

Hi Jess,

Thanks so much for your patience while I investigated.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

JessWilkey21
Freshman

I shouldn’t have to pay an early termination fee, if the problem that I’ve been encountering for months wasn't resolved. I did not want to cancel, but I had no choice. The speed of their internet is the speed of a snail. I do not want to pay for internet that I can not use.