cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely unhappy!

Highlighted
Observer

Re: Extremely unhappy!

Somehow our 10g plan lasted a whole 26 days the first month & only 3 days the second month. Yea! Go figure. I think it has to do with the HD, SD, 480, 780dpi, blah blah blah. So my solution is going to be unplug the router until we need to stream a movie & my son's daily tech time.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@JTwalker wrote:
Somehow our 10g plan lasted a whole 26 days the first month & only 3 days the second month. Yea! Go figure. I think it has to do with the HD, SD, 480, 780dpi, blah blah blah. So my solution is going to be unplug the router until we need to stream a movie & my son's daily tech time.

During your first twenty days of service your data allotment is continually refilled.  HughesNet does this as a courtesy, so that new customers, or those upgrading from legacy plans, can update/upgrade their devices to current without it affecting their normal monthly data allotment, as these activities can use a lot of data.  After these first twenty days your data usage starts being deducted as it normally would.

So, in reality, your data lasted six days in your first month, and three in your second. 

For some data saving tips, please see this thread.    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Observer

WHAAA!!?!? WHY? I mean seriously. ..WHY? Why on eaerh would they did such a thing?! SERIOUSLY?! You are effing kidding! Did they tell me this? Was I warned of this in some undertone voice I was unaware of in my discussion with the sales guy on the phone? I do not recall being told any such nonsense bologna malarkey! Why would they just give you unlimited your first month other than to make you think all is hunky dory in Wonderland?

have I been had?
am I going to have to get.
mad?
Highlighted
Observer

This is not good news.
Not good news
AT ALL!
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@JTwalker 

First and foremost, please watch your language.  This is a support community that can be viewed by the public, and there are Community Guidelines and Terms of Service that need to be followed, which you can view in the "About the Community" section.  So, again, please watch the language.

The data resets...  

First, it's not for the first month, but for the first twenty days.  Secondly, it's not done "to make you think it's all hunky dory in Wonderland", as what would be the point?  There is no 30 day trial or 30 day free cancellation period, so there would be no advantage for them in doing so.  The advantage is to YOU, and again, it's done as a courtesy for the reasons stated.

As well, the twenty days of data resets are explained in the Welcome email sent by HughesNet.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Leah,

We would be more than happy to waive half. What was said in the rest of the message was, as long as all of the equipment is returned once you receive your return box and send it back, you will not be charged any additional fees associated with cancellation. For any additional payments you may need to make regarding your normal bill per month, that will need to be discussed with our cancellation department. You can contact us at 866-347-3292 for more information regarding cancellation. A case has been created for you notating that once you call in to cancel, the credit will be applied to the account to cover half of the ETF fee. I will message you your case number so that you can relay this to the agent you speak with, for confirmation.  

-Damian 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

I think you may be in the wrong thread, @Damian .

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

I think you may be in the wrong thread, @Damian .

He's replying to the OP, not the person who jumped onboard the thread.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Besides brainless being my normal state, I actually couldn't see a page 1 on this thread.  LOL, and *facedesk*

Highlighted
Freshman

GabeU,

Just a quick question.  If streaming with FireStick uses so much data, why are the sales reps telling people (me when I signed up) that Hughesnet works great for streaming and that I will not run out of my data, by streaming with the FIreStick. In my case I couldn't use the fire stick at all because it kept telling me low connectivity and my computer and other equipment would tell me know internet connection available.

Yes, I am reviewing other peoples issues, to see how many are having the same issuses that I have had.  As I do plan on fighting the early disconnect fee. 

I am seeing that several customers have been told one thing just to find out something differently.  It sounds like you are in Tech support and this isn't something you can explain, but just keep seeing the same thing in post after post.