Fake product

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrystald2015
Freshman

Fake product

I inquired about Hughes Net service at my home back in October 2019. When the tech asked what I was needing the service for, I told him I have two boys that game on Xbox Live simultaneously plus stream Netflix on two televisions. He assured me this package would more than cover our needs and would not be any lagging. False. In the first 2 weeks of having it I had to call them 3 times. Once was because they wanted to charge my bill on the wrong date. Other times were regarding the slow internet speeds. I have been told this not once by an employee that the service I need, they don't even offer. Yet I was sold the package. Under false pretences you might add. When I did an online complaint, I was contacted 2 weeks later. Again, that person told me I was indeed sold a package that does not exist. When asked what they could do to resolve this, as the first thing mentioned was upping my current package. Why? Because that one isn't gonna work either because you don't sell the internet service I was sold. So this is what I was told to do. Make a post explaining my situation where they will see it and the correct person is supposed to call me back. All I want to make good on it is my contract cancelled without any cost to me, and the $129.80 I paid up front.
20 REPLIES 20
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The plan isn't fake. Fake means counterfeit or forged, and this is not the situation, as the plans are real.  Your problem is you may have dealt with a sales person who may have misinformed you.  That's very easily dealt with: under myAccount and Billing, ask for a sales call review.  If the sales person did not set proper expectations and instead gave you a line of misiniformation, the HughesNet staff on this site can deal with it and sort things out for you.

You are doing yourself a disservice by posting the same information under so many different sections. It's not going to help; it may actually make things more difficult for you. 

The HughesNet mods on this site will be back on Monday, so you will likely hear from them then.  Until then, it's best if you refrain from posting any more regarding your issue. 

It was a fake product, that's what both employees referred to what I was sold. Thank you.
maratsade

They sold you a real package. It didn't meet your needs, but the package was real.  They may have given you misleading information, but the package itself was real. 

chrystald2015 wrote:
It was a fake product, that's what both employees referred to what I was sold. Thank you.

Jay

Hello chrystald2015,

Thank you for reaching out and voicing your concerns! I would be happy to have your sales call pulled for review as much of what the agent told you is inaccurate. Please see my private message to proceed! 

Thank you,

Jay

Jay

Chrystal,

After reviewing the call, the sales agent did properly explain the plan and the functionality of the service; even detailing that if your plan was not large enough, you could always upgrade. The only issue I found with the call was that the agent was not clear on the limitations of online gaming. 

At this point, we can offer you a discount on your service moving forward or to waive your Early Termination Fee if you wish to cancel. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

-Jay

I want the termination fee waived and the money I paid refunded, that's what I stated and will return all equipment with prepaid shipping boxes. No one has yet to contact me in person regarding the issue either. That would also be helpful.
maratsade

They have already offered you an early termination without fee, and they will send a pre-paid box for the equipment you have to return.  It is highly unlikely they will refund anything else. 

Why would someone contact you in person? Damian has already told you what they were offering. He's waiting for you to accept the offer or decline it.  

chrystald2015 wrote:
I want the termination fee waived and the money I paid refunded, that's what I stated and will return all equipment with prepaid shipping boxes. No one has yet to contact me in person regarding the issue either. That would also be helpful.

Hard to contact them without a number and reference info genius. And the number given isn't even working when I try to call it.

Chrystal, 

I was able to call the number and reach an agent using your information without any wait time, so it may be an issue with your phone's connection.

-Jay

@chrystald2015 wrote:
Hard to contact them without a number and reference info genius. And the number given isn't even working when I try to call it.

Maybe you have a fake phone

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
RogerEgner
Spectator

You got scammed sorry to hear that and i was too the tech told me to bad its sat system and thats what u get after 4 modems and 4 techs i put tons of bad reviews they mess up your system at certain time so you buy tokens just wait it out and you ill be fine any more trouble from them and im out gone.You have the right to terminate if you want with out charges
GabeU

@RogerEgner wrote:
they mess up your system at certain time so you buy tokens 

Tokens are only used after one exhausts their allotment of high speed data, and whether that happens is under the control of the subscriber, not HughesNet.  Your claim is absolute nonsense.  

@RogerEgner wrote:
You have the right to terminate if you want with out charges

Jay has offered the OP the opportunity to cancel their service without penalty, as is plainly visible.  

This is the HughesNet Support Community, not social media.  If you'd like to rant and make nonsensical claims, please do it elsewhere and leave this support community to those seeking help, which is its purpose.  If you're having an issue and would like help with it, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

Seems to me there is an issue here, one many subscribers have, that being that Hughes oversells its availability, then puts people through multiple steps to get out of a contract or get reasonable speeds. I have the service only because there are no other options where I live. My service is slow, just barely qualifies as broadband (25 MBPS) on a good day, is very expensive compared to other services I've had in the past, with a ridiculously low (30 GIGS) data cap. Yes, I know that I can upgrade, but only if I lock myself into an additional 2 years.

It also cracks me up that on those rare months when I don't use all my data, it doesn't roll over. When I emailed a complaint about that the response was that they could not roll it over becaues then there might not be enough bandwidth for other subscribers. I'm not falling for that nonsense, since Hughes will SELL me all I want.

A local provider is bringing fiber optic into the area, I will drop Hughes in a heartbeat when that becomes available. I don't understand why you "professors and such" continue to cheerlead and make excuses for a clearly overpriced and inferior service.

maratsade

The issue is that many subscribers don't understand that satellite is both expensive and limited in terms of broadband, and that if everyone is trying to stream at the same time, they will clog the system.  If subscribers have other options, such as fiber or terrestrial cable, they should try those.  With satellite internet, moderation is key, and that seems to be a foreign concept to many subscribers. 

EDIT: HughesNet is designed to provide 25Mbps own and 3 Mbps up. That's broadband as defined by the government, so yes, they do qualify as broadband.  

GabeU

@pentangle wrote:

Hughes oversells its availability, then puts people through multiple steps to get out of a contract or get reasonable speeds. I have the service only because there are no other options where I live. My service is slow, just barely qualifies as broadband (25 MBPS) on a good day, is very expensive compared to other services I've had in the past, with a ridiculously low (30 GIGS) data cap. Yes, I know that I can upgrade, but only if I lock myself into an additional 2 years. 

"Oversells" is a very subjective term.  The only way they could guarantee that everyone would get at least 25Mbps at all times, barring outages, is by greatly reducing the number of customers and increasing the cost to those that had it.  I highly doubt that many residential subscribers are going to pay anywhere from $500 to $1000 or more per month to even allow HughesNet to just break even, let alone make any profit.  That's not happening.  So, just like every other internet company out there, from the smallest to the largest, they keep accepting customers.  But again, overselling a subjective term, as is the claim of such.  

The commitment has nothing to do with "overselling".  There would be a commitment period whether there are three satellites or one hundred three and whether they had 1,400 customers or the 1.4 million they presently have.  

If you already have Gen5, upgrading or downgrading your Gen5 plan doesn't start a new commitment.  

@pentangle wrote:

It also cracks me up that on those rare months when I don't use all my data, it doesn't roll over. When I emailed a complaint about that the response was that they could not roll it over becaues then there might not be enough bandwidth for other subscribers. I'm not falling for that nonsense, since Hughes will SELL me all I want.

A local provider is bringing fiber optic into the area, I will drop Hughes in a heartbeat when that becomes available.  

HughesNet doesn't offer rollover and never has, and system capacity/banbdwidth absolutely does have to do with why, regardless of your opinion considering such.  It's the same reason they don't offer an unlimited high speed access plan.   

@pentangle wrote:

I don't understand why you "professors and such" continue to cheerlead and make excuses for a clearly overpriced and inferior service.

Because unlike those out there that complain that HughesNet doesn't offer what ground based services do, or for the same low price, I blame the inability to do the things on the providers of those services for not thinking enough of my business to bother providing it rather than blaming the company that actually does provide service.  Complaining about what HughesNet can't offer would be like doing the same about an oasis found in the desert that contains regular old water instead of Perrier.  We "professors and such" have had HughesNet for a long time.  We use it within its means and it works just fine for our needs.  Stating realities and refuting nonsense is hardly "making excuses".  It's stating realities and refuting nonsense.  

They're paid employees
GabeU

@chrystald2015 wrote:
They're paid employees

Try again.  The only paid employee in this thread is Jay, as is indicated by his "Moderator" badge.  Someone doesn't have to be an employee to refute nonsense and state realities.

As for the HughesNet phone number, it's 866-347-3292.  If you reply to Jay with your decision, and the decision is to cancel, you'll likely receive a reference number.

HughesNet doesn't offer rollover and never has, and system capacity/banbdwidth absolutely does have to do with why, regardless of your opinion considering such. It's the same reason they don't offer an unlimited high speed access plan.

If system capacity is the reason for no rollover, why will Hughes SELL all the tokens I want??? Looks more like corporate greed than any concern for other users to me.

GabeU

@pentangle wrote: 

If system capacity is the reason for no rollover, why will Hughes SELL all the tokens I want??? Looks more like corporate greed than any concern for other users to me.

And once again you'd be wrong.  People buying tokens in a piecemeal fashion doesn't affect the system in the same way that multiple unlimited plans would.  A drop in the bucket vs a monsoon.