Fradulent Charge from Hughesnet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smaddaloni
New Poster

Fradulent Charge from Hughesnet

I was charged over $860 on my debit card with out my authorization. When I first signed up for the service through dish I was told if I disliked the service and cancelled within the first 30 days I would not be charged cancellation fees, equipment, etc... This company is very fraudulent. They tell you one thing and do another. They tried their best to tell me I would be charged 400 for cancelling. I told them that I was told I would not be charged for that when cancelling in the first 30 days. They also told me not to worry about sending in the router and that we were square. Two months later im charged $860 with zero explanation. I paid for the first month of service when I cancelled as well. If they have your debit card or credit card info they will charge you for however much they like. I will be re-positing this on all message boards and social media platforms. I am extremely angry about this. I will also be contacting all agencies related to fraudulent business activities unless this is rectified today.
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Was/is your account business or residential?  

This was a business account

Hello smaddaloni,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. As you were informed by one of our agents over the weekend, it's best to contact the business support line 1-800-347-3272, as they have the means to address your concerns. The community is geared toward residential customers, so our capabilities differ from the SME agents. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

smaddaloni
New Poster

Update: I was just told by hughesnet I have to wait until Tuesday since it's the weekend and Monday is a holiday I have to wait until Tuesday before I can even speak to anyone about this $860 charge. This is unbelievable. They can charge me on the weekend but can't be bothered to correct this.
maratsade

The charges are probably done automatically, so no person needs to be there. And yes, it's unfortunate that this happened on a long weekend.   

GabeU

@smaddaloni wrote:
I paid for the first month of service when I cancelled as well.  

This is normal, as it's forward billing.  In other words, you're paying for the new month, not the month you just used.  

HughesNet doesn't charge "however much they like."  They charge the fees set forth in the Terms of Service and Subscriber Agreement.  

On a side note, if it was a lease, I hope you still have the modem, the power pack for the modem, and the radio from the dish, as they will want these back.

maratsade

"When I first signed up for the service through dish"

Have you contacted Dish about this?