Hughesnet Community

Free At Last!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brent Sprott

Free At Last!

So happy I made through my contract, the $400 in tech visits, and all the bull! Just canceled my service! Yay! Now i'm free to get truly unlimited wireless internet with no hidden fees, or equipment to buy! Yay! Will save $30 a month just off the top. Not to mention hidden fees...
13 REPLIES 13
Rocky
Alum

Good luck with the new service Brent. Sorry it didn't work out with us, but we wish you well. -Rocky
Suz1

Hi Brent, we are sorry to see you go but wish you the very best of luck. Please remember that if you were on lease, you have 45 days from the date your system is deactivated to return you equipment to prevent the $300 unreturned equipment fee.

Suz
Andrea Goodman

Where did you switch to? I'm ready to go myself and it hasn't even been 2 months yet.
Rocky
Alum

Hi Andrea. Ready to leave in under 2 months? That's not good. What's happening? We'd love to try to help. Do you have a case number that you could post to help me find your account in our system? -Rocky
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Rocky, I don't think some folks will ever be happy with satellite internet regardless if it is working perfect, especially if they were on cable at any point. I can understand that.

Hughes could go a long way though in customer satisfaction, and possibly even revenue, just by moving the ENTIRE call center to the US.

I'm personally satisfied as long as I don't have to make the dreaded call. I've tried to be as cordial as possible with the overseas support people in the past but eventually it becomes very tedious to say the least.

Sorry, kind of off topic but trying to provide constructive criticism. Don't think it will accomplish much though as this little detail has been brought up many times with only the response that almost one third is now in the US. HughesNet should be employing as many Americans as possible especially for American customers.

Rant over. Nothing personal Rocky.
Robin S

That's just it, sgoshe, you're right. I was driven away by the messed up customer service system HN has and the nickel and diming that goes on. When they wanted to charge me 150 to come troubleshoot their equipment that was the end for me.

I had all forms of internet service and was fine with HN until the above became a constant in my life. I almost rather my internet not work than have to make that call. Obviously I switched to something else and no matter the weather or the clouds in the sky the unit has worked each and every time.

If only HN would model its CS after DirecTV, which I have had since 94, HN would find itself retaining customers. Not driving them away.
RonMitchell

I don't understand. You pay to lease the equipment already equal to purchasing it. Yet like with Brent and almost all leasing if there is problems he shouldn't have to pay $400. If you lease a car you don't pay for repairs. That would make sense if he purchased the equipment outright. Then have to pay another $300 if you don't return equipment that has greatly depreciated? That sounds like you all want the best of both worlds.
So what do we have to do to return the equipment? Do you cover shipping and send boxes?
RonMitchell

It wouldn't be so bad if service wasn't so inconsistent. Everything is fine on my end and I've been attempting a 25MB update at the rate of 9 KB/sec for 2 hours now. That's enough to run anyone off when they pay more than cable broadband prices and get dial up speeds. They need to cut their price in half.
RonMitchell

Right behind you Brent. Five days until my last payment. They need to understand they now have competition. Equipment purchase $99 and $10 cheaper a month with no contract and faster service.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Ron,
I posted a thread here:

http://community.myhughesnet.com/hugh...

The top link within will give you info on Gen4 systems (look at menu items on left, included equipment return)

The second link provides info on "legacy" 7000 & 9000 systems. Again menu on left provides details on different aspects of Hughes service.
goldfishpondmas1

congrats brent, welcome to the non hughesnet club now. i was able to cut ties with them june of 2012. it is so nice not to have limits. and the best part i dont have to get up early ( 2 am) just to download large files. and i get watch videos all day long. im dominating my fantasy league. this social networking thing is awesome. needless to say, i didnt do that good in skool, it was to late
RonMitchell

Thanks but all it says on equipment return is a secret until you cancel.... For customers eligible or required to return equipment, Hughes will provide instructions on how to de-install and return the required equipment.
Rocky
Alum

Ron- Lease customers are sent a box via UPS with instructions of what to return and how to de-install the radio. A prepaid UPS return label is also included.