HELP looking to see breakdown of previous bills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piffymana
New Poster

HELP looking to see breakdown of previous bills

I received an alert for a charge from Hughesnet that my account was charged a higher price than my previous monthly bills.   I tried to live chat which seems to be impossible since everyone in now using the  Covid 19 for their poor customer service excuse.    I did see somewhere that I am being charged $15 a month for leasing equipment, which I have no idea what this is for.  This happens to be the amount I am questioning, but nowhere on their useless website shows anything about a leasing charge, nor anywhere you can actually see a breakdown of your bill.  Also, on the notification part of website, it shows I am supposed to be getting an email monthly about my bill which has NEVER happened since I got this worthless internet.  Could someone please help me, since I don't really want to wait another hour and a half for the same riduculous message about they will get to me when they can!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I did see somewhere that I am being charged $15 a month for leasing equipment, which I have no idea what this is for. "

Unless you bought the equipment outright (paying around $450 up front), you lease it and are charged monthly ($14.99) for the lease, for the duration of the contract (24 months).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade

Have you tried going through the My Account link at the top of the page? There is a sublink that takes you to your bills. 

This explains how to do it:  https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/account_billing/how-to-view-invoices

EDIT: if for whatever reason that isn't working, you may have to wait until Monday, when the official HN reps will be here. They're here M-F during business hours.  For chat and phone customer service, may want to try early in the morning. 

maratsade

"I did see somewhere that I am being charged $15 a month for leasing equipment, which I have no idea what this is for. "

Unless you bought the equipment outright (paying around $450 up front), you lease it and are charged monthly ($14.99) for the lease, for the duration of the contract (24 months).

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Unless you bought the equipment outright (paying around $450 up front), you lease it and are charged monthly ($14.99) for this, for the duration of the contract (24 months).

The lease fee continues for the life of the lease, irrespective of the 24 month commitment.

maratsade

Interesting. I could've sworn at some point you own the equipment. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Interesting. I could've sworn at some point you own the equipment. 

I think they may have offered something like that for a short time many years ago.  

When I first signed up for HughesNet in Dec 2004 (it was DirecWay at the time) there was a monthly payment plan for the equipment.  Something like an extra $25 per month for 14 or 15 months.  That's what I did.  After that the equipment was mine, though the service was still subject to the same as it is today, as in me not taking it upon myself to try to fix things with that equipment, as it could have voided the service.

maratsade

That's probably it!

@GabeU wrote:

I think they may have offered something like that for a short time many years ago.  

When I first signed up for HughesNet in Dec 2004 (it was DirecWay at the time) there was a monthly payment plan for the equipment.  Something like an extra $25 per month for 14 or 15 months.  That's what I did.  After that the equipment was mine, though the service was still subject to the same as it is today, as in me not taking it upon myself to try to fix things with that equipment, as it could have voided the service.

GabeU

@piffymana 

There are a couple of different reasons that a bill can go up.  Namely, the end of a discount, whether an initial 12 month or 24 month plan discount or a special discount given by a HughesNet rep for some reason, or taxes going up, whether local, regional or state.  Some jurisdictions charge an annual tax as well.

In addition to the information maratsade gave about looking at your invoices in the "My Bill" section of the HughesNet My Account site, you can see a breakdown of each invoice as well.  To do so, while looking at a current or past invoice, scroll down to where you see entries in blue.  When you click on those blue entries, it will show you a breakdown of the charge for that individual entry.