Horrible Install and lack of service!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Byounghusband
Freshman

Horrible Install and lack of service!!

We began our journey back in 10/16. Got Gen 4, but since our home is a Modular Home, the dish had to be mounted ona pole in the ground.  Living in Texas, the ground moves and the dish went out of alignment frequely.  I finally got tired of this game, so I requested the dish be mounted to our house.  This was done about  months ago.  No more problems with dish alignment.  Got Gen 5 about 9 months ago.

We just had the siding on our house replaced, so the dish had to be removed. I called Tech Support to set this up.  The suport tech did NOT listen to what I requested and a Tech from Single Source Satelite was sent out on a Repar ticket, not an install.  On a Friday, he started to install the dish back on my house and ended up causing $525 damage to my brand new siding and trim.  I told him to stop as he was doing it and at least use a wood spacer so as not to crush the corner trim and siding.  He ignored me and competed his idea of an install.  

My wife called Tech Support and got two days of a run around.  Several tickets have been opened and NOT one of them were correct.

I happened to receive a call from the Satelite company on the fopllowing Monday to see IF I was happy with the install.  They were a bit shocked with my response!!  I requested a call from the guy's supervisor.  10 minutes later the tech calls me asking why he had a $500 damage claim. I asked him if he was the supervisor or the guy who did the install.  When he said he did the install, I said I wasn't talking to him. I wanted his supervisor.  10 minutes later, his boss calls me asking why I was upset.  After I explaind everything to him, he agreed to pay for the damages.  HE also stated that Hughes Net would not allow him to mount the dish on the house.  Vinyl siding ans such...  I agreed.  Then I called Tech Support again to schedule the intall.  Guess what they did??  Repair ticket again.  On last Friday, a guy showed up at the agreed upon time with NO pole and NO concrete.  He said the ticket wasn't an install ticket so he wasn't prepared.  We had to reshedule for the next day.  He didn't bother updating the ticket either and sent another guy out.  And this guy had NO pole or concrete.  He had to go to the store and buy concrete and I supplied the pole.

I requested that I NOT be charged for the first failed install and now because of so many delays and problems, I am going to request no charge again.  I have taken 3 days off work to get this done.  HughesNet isn't giving me what I am paying for satifactorally and is also costing me income.  We have requested call backs from someone at HughesNet who can make a decision and are STILL waiting.  Wish me luck!!

IfI had another option, I would jump off this ship in a heartbeat!!!

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm tagging the reps so they will be notified your post is here.   @Liz, @Amanda

Thank you,  maratsade

maratsade

You're welcome! Give the mods time; they may have other people ahead of you in line.

I have actually had two follow up calls in two days concerning this issue.  I don't know if the Mods were part of that, but Thanks to them if they did.  I have been refunded install charges for the messed up tickets and the Salalite companies mistakes.  

I'm good now.  

maratsade

That's terrific news!

@Byounghusbandwrote:

I have actually had two follow up calls in two days concerning this issue.  I don't know if the Mods were part of that, but Thanks to them if they did.  I have been refunded install charges for the messed up tickets and the Salalite companies mistakes.  

I'm good now.