Horrible horrible service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megcul
Freshman

Horrible horrible service

Had service for a year now. Tech was great but within a few months service declined rapidly. Called and they said equipment was faulty and they were going to charge me $150 to fix it. I couldn't believe they actually wanted to charge me to replace their faulty equipment! Not until I protested did they finally give in and do it for free. Took several days to get someone to repair it. Guy drove up from Nevada to do it.  Keep having to up the service to get any sort of speed. This was just for 2 people on laptops sending emails, an occasional Zoom meeting and they a movie on Netflix in the evening! Very poor phone service too. When I asked where to complain they give you an email where you can write 2 sentences. I emailed again today. (We will respond in 24 hours - guess what? No one responded to my first email. We'll see what happens with the 2nd complaint send today. I'm fed up and tired of paying so much money for near dial up speed. Worst internet ever. Next is complaint to the Better Business Bureau!

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

There is a service charge for repairs, as stated in the subscriber agreement. Repair is not same day; it can take a few days to get a tech out to your residence.

The Better Business Bureau is not a government agency; all they do is act as a middleman between a customer and a company. Once you submit a complaint, the company has 30 days to respond; and their response may not be any different from what you have already been told.

A better way to address the issues is to post to this tech support community. Posting that you're unhappy with the service isn't enough. You need to give details and be ready to work to resolve your issues by running tests. If you have issues with speeds, you will need to follow the procedure described here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

If you're here just to complain, you're on the wrong site. Try social media.

Wow, that was a rather rude reply.

maratsade

Sorry it came off as rude; was not intended to be so, only to explain how things work here. If you need help, start your own topic, please. 

@megcul wrote:

GabeU

@megcul wrote:

Which one?

GabeU

@megcul wrote:

Keep having to up the service to get any sort of speed.  

This sounds more like a data usage issue, as in having more to use before you run out and are throttled, as all Gen5 plans offer the same service speed.  

A couple of threads that may be of benefit regarding data usage are the following...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

Keep in mind that data intensive activities, like streaming and other video forms, will cause you to use your data quickly.  Also, if you have a satellite TV receiver connected to your HughesNet it's best to disconnect it, as those receivers can use a lot of data on their own, and with no way to control it.  This is especially the case with DirecTV receivers.  As well, any other devices that use data on their own will exhaust your data that much quicker.  Things like the Cloud and syncing should also be avoided, as should Windows 10's sharing of Updates to other computers on the net (Delivery Optimization), which should be turned off.

trying to change my passord
maratsade

Which password?  If you need help with something, go to Tech Support, click on "Start a topic," and explain what's going on. Don't piggyback on someone else's ticket. 

jbevansiii wrote:
trying to change my passord

Thanks, but had to resort to phone as hotspot for the videos. Data usage was just two people working from home emailing and then a show at night.