HughesNet overcharges me $355 and offers only a $60 credit when admitting to it

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nab1
New Poster

HughesNet overcharges me $355 and offers only a $60 credit when admitting to it

Beginning in January of 2018, HughesNet offered me a Gen5 spped internet if I signed another contract for 12 months, at $30 off and they were to waive the one time fee of $175, based on previous mistakes. HughesNet failed to follow through with the promotion, and charged me this fee, along with increased monthly charges, totaling $355. When I spoke to their office overseas in India they stated that they were not willing to credit me more than $60 credit to the account (not even my money back) because I did not catch it in time. They looked at the notes on the account and saw on Feb 21st that there was a promotional code and that the $175 fee was not supposed to be charged. She said the rep failed to insert the promotional code and that was why I was charged. They took my money, and won't offer to fix the problem, and insulted me with a $60 credit. 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughenet reps on this site are at a higher level than the phone reps, so they may be able to do something, after checking your account.  I'm going to tag two of them here.

@Amanda

@Liz

Liz

Hello nab1,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We can definitely look into this on your behalf and see what we can do for you. Please allow me some time to review all your case notes. I'll reach back out to you once I have an update.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning nab1,

Thanks for your patience while your case was investigated. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!