Multiple Disconnects, Awaiting Engineers >5 weeks, Misrepresented Speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muraskimc
New Poster

Multiple Disconnects, Awaiting Engineers >5 weeks, Misrepresented Speeds

1) I have contacted HughesNet Tech Support multiple times. Each time, it is due to the internet either being down completely or being spotty, ranging around 1-6 mbps. Each time, the issue is temporarily resolved only to fail again soon thereafter.

2) In addition, despite being assured multiple times over the phone that I would receive credits to my account for the lack of service, I have not received them.

3) Furthermore, when trying to call billing, my call is always disconnected after being patched through to the service representative. 

4) The invoices are minimally informational and do not clarify where the > $20 added to my account each month is from. 

5) After speaking with TechSupport, I was referred to the engineering team who has yet to contact me despite my calling many times to follow-up on their addressing my internet problems.

6) Despite not having internet service for the majority of my 4 monhts with HughesNet, I have paid hundreds of dollars.

7) Each time I am contacted by Customer Service after submitting surveys following Tech Support services, I am told there is nothing that can be done to resolve the issue but wait for the engineering team.

😎 Over the phone when first establishing service, I did not verbally agree to automatic payment renewal. I would like to open a case on this and have the audiofile scrubbed to verify this took place.

I've been directed by Customer Service to create this community thread in the hopes that the internet issues will actually be resolved. Moderator, please address each issue as it is numbered in this thread.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi muraskimc,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thank you for your organized post, we can certainly address your concerns. I've already requested a sales call review on your behalf. For the rest of your list, please allow some time for us to review your account so we can better assist you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning muraskimc,

1) I've reviewed your interactions with us, and currently you have a Tier 3 (T3, our highest level of support) case open. In your last call with us on 6/14 we provided a $15 credit. Since this credit was applied after your June bill was generated, you will see it in your next bill. Here it is documented in our system:

2 and 4) 5/14 - You reached out to us and on this call, a $20 x 3 month discount was initiated, with the first $20 discount applied on the June bill, as seen in the excerpt from your bill I've included. You will see similar line items in your July and August bills for the remaining two $20 discounts.

3) I don't see any notes regarding dropped or lost connections during transfers. I apologize for any such disconnects you experienced trying to get in touch with us.

5) I do see that despite being escalated to T3, there has been no technical relief or updates regarding your performance concerns. I've escalated this to management to address. 

6) I'm sorry for the troubles you've been experiencing, I'm glad that our agents have already provided you with credits in addition to troubleshooting with you to try to address your concerns.

7) Since your case is already escalated to T3, it is in engineering's court. I've e-mailed an engineer on your behalf for any insight he can provide since currently, your diagnostics appear fine, and there are no known performance issues on your beam.

😎 4/30 - You switched from autopay to invoice billing via our chat support. This is where you first inquired about autopay. On sales calls, those reps are supposed to mention that the payment info you provide will be used for automatic monthly payments. At the very least, the sales rep refers you to the full terms and conditions on our legal site at legal.hughesnet.com. There you can find the Subscriber Agreement which includes this section which addresses autopay:

1.4 METHOD OF PAYMENT. 

Except where additional methods of payment are specifically required or permitted under applicable law or regulation, or where Hughes explicitly and in advance permits another method of payment, you agree that you will provide a major credit or charge card (i.e., MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover) that Hughes may charge for all Service fees or other amounts payable under this Agreement (including Early Termination Fees and Unreturned Equipment Fees). You hereby authorize automatic credit or charge card billing by Hughes for all such charges. You further agree that the charges described above will be billed to the credit or charge card that you have provided when you applied for the Service. 

Once I hear back from either the sales call reviewer or the engineer regarding your concerns, I'll reach back out to you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning muraskimc,

Thank you for your patience while your concerns are being investigated. Engineering examined your site, and other than being subject to the Fair Access Policy at the time, they did not see anything out of the ordinary with your site. They would like to know how your site is performing now that your data allowance has been restored.

To do so, please create a testmy.net account and run 3-5 tests during different parts of the day. Post your test results link here in your thread. Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:

-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)

-use the 25MB size download test file

-space each test at least 5 minutes apart

-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Liz

Hi muraskimc,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.