Hughesnet Community

I WANT TO CANCEL HOW DO I DO SO?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamac1234

I WANT TO CANCEL HOW DO I DO SO?

I've had my system installed exactly 23 days today I have sat and given this much much thought and I feel it's in the best interest of my family and I if I go ahead and cancel my service now (I SEE NOTHING BUT HUGE BILLS AND UNSOLVED ISSUES DOWN THE ROAD). PLEASE CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!
13 REPLIES 13
deepdiver1
Sophomore

You have to call them on the phone to cancel. This blog is to help people manage their data.
jerry_spc

I had the same problem at 1st. I thought I was losing band width. I just have to watch. I set alarm to do downloads in middle of nite. Not ideal but it works. I also make sure that everything I have that can pull bandwidth shut down when not in use. No unknown updates etc. I have had Hughes since 2008 and had very little trouble, except when work requires I download lots of stuff. It'l cost you to cancel before contract expires.
Jerry
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You can cancel within the first 30 days by calling in but is there something you need help with? Many of us here can give you pointers on how to manage your monthly data and get the most from it. I have had very few problems in 11 years with them, the ones I did have were fixed. Never had a billing issue either.

Do you have better internet options available?
Amanda

Hello mamac1234

As others have recommended here, the only way to cancel service is to call us at 1-866-347-3292. We're sorry to hear that you decided not to keep the service, but wish you luck with your new ISP!

Thanks
Amanda
plsrrt3

I am also upset about the 10 gigs for the whole month. Had I known that this was metered so badly I would not have gotten Hughes.net. I don't know if this is a trend across the board with all internet companies. Your service is great but I don't believe that putting such strict lines on the usage is a good idea. Could I find a loop in the law to fight metering I would. No offense intended. I just suggest that your reps. tell people that the throttled or metered through your company. Also I was not able to use your meter. It is not compatible with windows 10.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Same here.  Meter is working just fine. 
jerry_spc

I have to chime in. I have a windows 7 and an 8.1 and have never been able to get meter going. I download, I get the icon, click on it n nothing. Called Hughes, was told I had to go to modem to see usage! Never did get it fixed. Gave up!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Carl Mauritz

I have windows 10 and my Status meter is not coming up.
gallen2591

hughesnet is terrible
jerry_spc

I thought mine was slow and sometimes would not load up. What I found was that 90% of it was my computer. I now do the Internet options/delete an make sure to clear cache etc. I also reset my modem and router at least once a week. WORKS. Got that from a 10 min. call to HN. Also run malware bytes and CC cleaner. All these posts are done on my BlackBerry using WIFI with no issues. OK sometimes it doesn't. Catch right away. But it works. Just my 2 cents
jerry_spc

Hey I am 69. An old cobol programer. I have had to learn this new stuff. My first computer was a homemade Tandy with a cradle for the dial phone hand set. Now I know just enough about the new systems to be totaly dangerous.
jerry_spc

I am with you! I remember five hrs to install an ancillary device