Hughesnet Community

I don't know where my original post is but problem not solved.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pattymotley
Freshman

I don't know where my original post is but problem not solved.

I'm not sure how to find my original post on the installation problem I had about the shingles on my house being torn but I have been sick and unable to get anyone out here to give me an estimate on the damage.
21 REPLIES 21
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Patty,

Your now closed original post can be found here:

https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/shoddy-installation

Due to the Christmas Holiday the Hughes employees are off until Tuesday so it will be at least until then before they can respond.

pattymotley
Freshman

Why was it closed? I still have the outstanding issue. I have been sick and can't deal with it till I get better.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Very likely just the passage of time without a response. Your last reply after a follow up visit seemed to indicated that you were happy.

The Mods will be in on Tuesday and can pick up from where you left off.

pattymotley
Freshman

I am talking about the damage done to my roof from the initial installation. That has not been resolved.
Amanda

Hi Patty

We were waiting on your estimate so we can get an idea how much it would cost to replace the shingle. I believe the installer also reached out to you and offered you money. As soon as you can get the estimate, we can get started on providing proper reimbursement for your repairs.

Thank you,
Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

Hi Amanda,

As I said I have been sick and unable to get someone out here yet. I wanted to inform you of this. The installer did talk to me but until I know what the damage is I don't know if what he offered will cover the damage or be more than what it will take. And it is at least two shingles. It may require replacing more than the two to fix it. Please don't close this out so I can find it and not have to start again. I just wanted to inform you of my reason for not getting back to you sooner.

Thanks,
Patty
Amanda

Hey Patty,

No problem. I'll keep this one open for you and will be alerted to it when you reply. Take whatever time you need.

Thanks
Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

Thank you
pattymotley
Freshman

Also, I am still having a delay in my phone conversations and end up talking over everyone.
Amanda

Hi Patty,

How many seconds would you say the delay is? Is your internet working fine? Has the delay been bad since you got the voice service?

Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

Probably about 1 to 1 1/2, but enough there is talking over each other. It has been going on since it was installed but not as bad as it seems now. The internet seems ok, a bit slow at times and completely dropping off now and then, but so far that hasn't caused to much of a problem.
Amanda

Hi Patty,

Thank you for replying. I've taken a look at your system and don't see any problems, but I will send it up to our Voice team to investigate and see if there is anything they can adjust to improve the delay. I will return as soon as I receive a response.

Happy New Year!
Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

I finally got an estimate. The overall cost, which includes fixing two previous minor tears is $100. I told the rep I talked to on the phone this morning I would pay half, $50, because the gentleman was going to fix the other two tears also. I was unable to reply here this morning because of issues signing in. But even after getting signed in the post showed as closed.
Amanda

Hi Patty

I think the very first one stayed closed, we kept this one open. I will be processing a refund to your card on file for $100 - should take a couple of days to appear in your bank. Let me know if you have any questions
Thanks
Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

Thanks Amanda. I said I would absorb half the cost because he was going to fix two other smaller tears while he was here. The price included that.
Amanda

That is fine Patty.. I think our dealer originally had reached out to offer $100 before the estimate was done anyway. I'd like to cover the full estimate even if the other damage was not done by us because you've had to go through this for a while. Think of it as a frustration payment 🙂

Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

Thanks Amanda. I appreciate that. But most of my frustration comes from my health and living so far away from anything.
Amanda

Hi Patty

Well, I hope this helps to take at least one thing off your mind.

Amanda

Amanda, I was trying to respond to your response:

Hi Patty

Sorry to hear that - I checked out your system and things look generally good. I did notice that there may be low power going to the modem. Do you have the HughesNet modem plugged into the wall, power strip or surge protector?

Thanks
Amanda

It brought me to this feed but I can't find it. But I do have to use a strip because I have 4 things to plug in and only one outlet. It is all hughes net. I have sent reports but no one has responded to that from the web test. My phone still causes me to talk over everyone and I am frankly tired of it all. I will just wait for the contract to run out and get off hughes net altogether. I will never recommend it to anyone. It is way too expensive for something just barely above dial-up. I am tired of trying.

pattymotley
Freshman

Roof is fixed but still having issues with my signal. Having to load and reload pages constantly is eating through my data and have had to use my cell's hot-spot to use internet this morning. The skies are clear.