I want to CANCEL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjmarshall
Sophomore

I want to CANCEL

I am so sick of this service. It is the slowest internet I have ever used. At this point, I would be better off using the library's internet. I was told by the sales rep that I could totally stream TV and continue what I had been doing with my old service. In fact, it would be faster, more reliable, and I would have plenty of data. None of that is true. I have had two reps out here to check things, multiple phone calls to customer service and running connectivity, my issues were "escalated" to some department, but I have yet to receive a call from them. This is junk and I could not be more disappointed. My last call, the rep took money off my bill.... and yet it doesn't appear to actually be discounted. I want out of this junk service ASAP. I will never recommend anyone to use it, in fact, at this point, I will tell everyone I know to avoid HN like the plague.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi tjmarshall,

C0RR0SIVE is correct - you will receive a box with instructions and a prepaid label to return the modem, powercord and radio transmitter. The box will automatically ship out the day after your account is terminated in the billing system (day after the billing cycle ends) and you'll have 45 days to return the equipment. I can provide a tracking number for the outgoing box and the tracking number for your return will already be on your label, so you can just take a photo or write it down. I can set a calendar reminder for 40 days out from your billing cycle end to remind me to go in and check to see if the equipment is marked as received so we can catch any charges ahead of time. 

Thanks

Amanda

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Amanda

Hello tjmarshall,

We are very sorry to find out that you are not happy with the service. It sounds like rather than being a technical issue this is more of an expectations issue. A review of your sales call will be requested if it is available. I will provide you any updates or information here regarding your account and call review.

Thank you

Amanda

It's been a week.... Nothing. No solution. No contact. I am out of data. I can't finish my work online. RIDICULOUS. This has to be some sort of scam and not a legit service. I think I am going to call my states atty office tomorrow and see if they have received any complaints!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yes, that's the best way to have bill collectors after you, garnished paychecks, no credit....  Great advice. Not.

First of all... I have worked in collections and bankruptcy. Not sure how they can garnish someone who doesn't receive a paycheck because they are a student... So many ways around this. Simply- their message boards can easily be screen shot and reviewed by my atty. I am not worried.

Hello,

Yes, we're just waiting for the sales call review to return. Since I have to request them it does take some time. In the meantime, @tjmarshall  I will go ahead and apply some data tokens to your account to get you back up to speed while you wait. We will definitely have a response before Friday, I am sure of that.

Thanks

Amanda

Thank you Amanda, I appreciate it. 

Amanda, 

I just reviewed my account and noticed that data tokens were added... however, there is a charge to apply them to my account. Was that what you intended?

GabeU

@tjmarshallwrote:

Amanda, 

I just reviewed my account and noticed that data tokens were added... however, there is a charge to apply them to my account. Was that what you intended?

That definitely wouldn't have been what she intended.  Have they not been automatically added to your Token Bytes Available?  If not, do you see any under the free or prepaid section?  

Also, just as a reminder the community guidelines are available here: Community Guidelines and if you (or someone else) needs to reference it, here is our public page with the latest full terms and conditions: Residential Subscriber Agreement

Thank you,

Amanda

Ricky
Tutor

Give her some time. Amanda is on this and will get back to you. If the sales call is available and they did give you false information you may get out of your contract. I have seen it happen before.

While you can stream live video with HughesNet it is not advised. It will eat up your data fast. All depends on what your expectations were.

GabeU

@rippedoff1

So your whole purpose here is just to complain, not actually contribute?  Congrats, you've succeeded in your endeavor.  

Now, perhaps you should read the part about this site being a SUPPORT site.  It doesn't say HughesNet Complaint Community.  

It you'd like to help, great.  If you want to contribute, fine and dandy.  That's what this site is for, not your complaints.  

Thanks. I was actually told by a rep to post my complaints here as corporate people review the posts and it's the only way to get any results. I am waiting for her to get the call. It probably will take a bit as I started this service back in September or October

GabeU

@tjmarshallwrote:

Thanks. I was actually told by a rep to post my complaints here as corporate people review the posts and it's the only way to get any results. I am waiting for her to get the call. It probably will take a bit as I started this service back in September or October

If you're referencing my post, it wasn't directed at you.  My post was to the person who is doing nothing but adding complaints to this thread while not even starting their own thread to get any help.  You're fine.     

Hi tjmarshall,

I always forget to mention you might get a bunch of emails about an order regarding tokens, which you can disregard. If you're trying to "use" the tokens through our website, app or the Usage Meter then you will be prompted to purchase tokens since there technically are no tokens on your account. When we add the tokens from our side they automatically go into your Token Bucket and 'kick in' immediately when you exceed your monthly data (such as right now). Any unused tokens will rollover to the next month and sit there until the data has been exceeded again.

I've received the results of your sales call and I've sent over some additional questions, however here is what I have so far:

-    The customer does say that they would be doing streaming with the service.  The agent responds with the streaming disclosure, stating that with the 20 GB plan the customer could expect about 30 hours of standard definition streaming per month.  They go on to tell the customer that if they use up all the data, they wouldn’t be charged overage fees or shut off, but that the streaming quality may be impacted. 

-    When pitching the package the agent recommends the 30 GB plan since the customer was going to be using streaming.  The agent does inform the customer that they could go to the 50 GB plan if they find themselves using it more.  

-    The agent reads all terms and conditions correctly.  The customer asks about the bonus data, and the agent does respond that the customer would have the extra data to use for streaming if they happened to be awake during the bonus hours. 

-    The customer did not have any further questions regarding streaming with the service before consenting to the order.

After I've received the rest of the information I requested I will get back to you with that too. Just a quick question  - who was your previous internet service provider?

Thank you

Amanda

I had Mediacom, but moved to an area where they dont service. 

Also, do not believe I have ever actually used 30 hours of streaming since getting this service. The data goes really quickly doing even the most minor task online.

I will check the token issue again. Thanks

GabeU

@tjmarshall

The 30 hours with the 20GB plan is really more what's possible that likely, as that number is really more for someone who would primarily be doing streaming and not much else.  Like if you only had a Smart TV connected to the service and didn't use it for anything else.  Like on the site it shows a few different things that can be done with a given amount of data, but it's a this, OR this, OR this type thing, and anything you do other than streaming will take data away from that total time of streaming capability.  So a combination of activities will lessen the highest possible amount of each one.  

Capture.JPG

In order to figure out what is using your data so quickly some devices have their own data tallying programs/apps, and you can download programs/apps for many devices that don't have them.  For Windows, the most often recommended program is Glasswire.  It's free, thought it does have a free trial of the Premium program that reverts to the free version after a certain number of days, which I believe is either ten or fifteen.  It will monitor and tally all of the data that is entering and exiting your computer through the net, and it will tell you exactly what on your computer is using it, and how much.  You can also narrow it to anywhere from a month to hours, and everything in between, and you can even see how much data a specific host or website is using during a given time that you choose.  This way, if your browser is using a lot of data, you can see what website(s) is the culprit.  You can download Glasswire here.  They also have it for Android based devices at the Google Play Store, though I have yet to try the Android version on my phone.  The Android version is very new. 

If you do download and install it on your Windows computer, make sure to set your options to "Incoming & Outgoing" and "External" so that only the data downloading and uploading to and from your computer is being counted rather than the data being transferred back and forth within your computer. 

Glasswire is a VERY helpful tool when it comes to figuring out what's using data, and if you regularly use a Windows based computer I'd recommend installing it and using it.   It only measures the data on the computer it's installed on, so if you use more than one Windows based computer you'd want to install it on those, too.  

Screenshot (150).jpg  

Sure, I understand. However, the service is so inconsistent and spotty that I am definitely not able to do what I used to be able to do for half the price. 

It's been so bad lately, that I opted to upgrade my cell phone data just to accomplish my regular tasks as the internet is not dependable/run out of data by the 15th of the month. Does that make sense?

Amanda

Hello tjmarshall,

(note: apparently I had this in my drafts since Friday, my apologies)

I received the last bit (service comparison: faster & more reliable?):

"The customer had moved recently and did not have internet service at the moment except for their data on their phone. The agent does compare HughesNet’s data to the customer’s phone data by stating that it is better because there are no overage charges. There wasn’t any comparison in relation to any previous service providers (aside from the customers phone data) since the customer did not have any other options of providers in the area. The agent instead referred to the package as having the speeds and data that would meet their needs, and recommended a higher data plan to back up those claims based off what the customer planned to do online."

If the issue of reliability can be solved, in addition to optimizing data usage efficiency, would you be willing to allow us the opportunity to help?

I apologize for the delayed reply. I have had a family emergency. At this point, I feel so negatively towards Hughes, that I do want to just cancel the service. Please advise

GabeU

@tjmarshallwrote:

I apologize for the delayed reply. I have had a family emergency. 

😞  I hope everything is okay.