Hughesnet Community

I would not recommend HughesNet to my worse enemy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John Mitchell2

I would not recommend HughesNet to my worse enemy.

I would not recommend HughesNet for anyone. I have talked to customer service 2 or 3 times a month. Trying to understand how there program really works. I was finally explained the truth after my early termination grace period ran out. HughesNet is terrible to do business with.
7 REPLIES 7
Edward (Roe) Ro

I'm figuring on calling the PSC and New York State Attorney General. I have called about twelve times so I have that many case numbers for the same problem. I have even talked to people in India about it (even though I can not understand them. The whole damn program is not what they promise. No Good No Good .
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Edward, could you please post some of those case numbers and what you feel has happened?  A customer service rep should be in tomorrow to look at your problems.
Lawrence Lewis

HI, 

I am a fairly satisfied Hughes customer.  However, I am aware of the difficulties, disappointments, and anger  of many disgruntled customers like this one. I was, too, before Gen4.  But it works fairly well now, albeit at not very high speed - but I muddle through OK.  

Here is my suggestion and I REALLY hope someone in management at Hughes replies.  My prior experience surely seemed to imply management that did NOT care much.  It seemed that Howard Hughes at his worst has his ghost running things, cognitively and ethically.  

Not that you need to agree to my suggestion but from my vantage it looks to me like it would put Hughes in a whole lot better light and reduce the above complaints to a trickle, compared to now - coupled with one more corollary pdf below. .  .  ,

Here is my simple possible solution in this High tech world:  

PLEASE make available at any time, a simple pdf download for ALL the possible procedures we might need. I mean, how to REALLY check your usage (There currently are several ways - not all accurate as to details).  How to check your download speed.  And many, many more procedures I am sure you can write up.   I don't care if it takes 50 pages. I WOULD KEEP IT and PRINT IT OUT and bind it - it is that important to me..  And I would check it regularly to see if it had changed.  Which of course it would.  But you could alert us customers easily to check the "Procedure pdf." by bulk e-mail any time.    How many TENS of thousands of man-hours and the very time consuming and FRUSTRATING tech help and customer service could be saved if you simply made this available?  Oodles!

Hughes seems to have bad press - and a bad reputation with many.  I went with Gen4 with trepidation due to my own very bad experience.   Happily Gen4 works fairly well though i do have data loss for NO REASON occasionally, like many who post here, I run about 200k to 8ooK bits/sec.  Used to be more, but not for a while have I gotten into MB/Sec range and I have the "middle 10GB / 10 GB program and have had for almost 2 years.  .  

Also, make everyone READ what to expect. I knew a lot before I signed to a contract that obligated me to $2000 over 2 years, with a rather steep penalty for termination.  But i had to ASK the phone sales for TOO MUCH INFO - like tugging it out of them.   Incidentally, I recently read, on your website, the agreement for my 10GB / 10GB plan.  If I can read, it seems to say plainly a $400 hit if I break the contract ANY TIME during the 24 months. That is categorically NOT what I was told. It was supposed to be pro-rata - with the penalty reducing as I paid monthly.

I KNEW i could not do Netflix.  Why do so many not know this???  It looks bad - like you have bad intent.  Now. run this by your lawyers.  Accidentally causing a loss to another is a civll matter. But having BAD INTENT is criminal.  

I never did see a copy of any detailed contract that spelled this out.  Maybe when the installer came out - not sure.  But that also should have been e-mailed  BEFORE installation.  

If my pdf idea is any good, and I  surely wish I could have it NOW. please - how about a little incentive for me hunting and pecking a good idea to you.  And I mean some significant number of MONTHS of service no cost.  

I care about you, and I think most others. It is an outworking of what I hold to be the highest Law in Almighty God's created order - the whole shebang - the Universe.  It's called "Love thy neighbor as thyself,"  (and thereby prove you Love the Creator with all your heart, soul. mind and strength.

I don't claim to do the above perfectly - not even well at times, but it is more than a goal for me. Let's see if you care about me by even replying -- and secondarily if you implement the idea, will you recognize the time stamp on this MY intellectual property that you have somehow missed badly and the MS Word document pursuant thereto?

Please - observe the “Thou Shalt  not Steal too.”

Thank you very much, 

Larry Lewis
Nordman Idaho
Edward (Roe) Ro

The very latest reference no. is from 12/31/14 case #45476706. Here's another from 8/16/14, #432730052. 10/9/14 44160340, On 10/29/14 - (3) 44471032, 44471906, 4478580. For almost a month I did not have a computer because my mother board burned out. This the case numbers given me.
Liz

Hi Larry,

This is a good topic separate from the current discussion, so I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

-Liz

Please reference the new conversation here: PLEASE make available at any time, a simple pdf download for ALL the possible pro...
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Edward,

This is a good topic separate from the current discussion, so I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

-Liz

Please reference the new conversation here: Speed/connection concerns
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Amanda

Hello John,

We'd like to welcome you to our community and want to smooth this out with you. First, we'll need to find your account with us - so a recent case number or the serial number of your modem will definitely help speed things up. Secondly, I want to understand what you were expecting when you signed up, and how that differs from what you say you've recently learned. Maybe we can clear the air for you and start off on the right foot here.

Thank you,
Amanda