Hughesnet Community

In baseball it's three strikes and you are out!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommyo
Sophomore

In baseball it's three strikes and you are out!

I have come upon this chat board as a new yet overly worn out customer of Hughesnet. 

As I assess the 6 months of Hughes Net services I have purchased - I conclude that your sales people really have "no plan" to offer.  Every month - every aspect of dealing with this service  - when it does not run out of data - has been a headache - and worse we are not getting the value out of the service that we are paying into it. 

1.  I was started out on residential service in October, 2016.  Each and every every salesperson I have spoken with has been informed by me that we have a family of 5 with two adult home office project managers who work remote creating a intensive need for quality internet service.  Hughes Residential service came nowhere near meeting our needs - your saleswoman who initially signed us up really over-rode all of my direct  input relating to the profile of my home office business internet needs.  We were provided with an anemic plan.

2.  I made a deal with your Business Enterprise salesman Ken at (844) 228-8233 to rescue us into Business Enterprise service based on several assurances Ken made which have turned out to be false.  Ken placed us in Select 100 on January 4, 2016 and the whole installation ritual took place January 20, 2017.  That also was a failure within month 1. 

3.  On February 27, 2016 I made a good faith effort to migrate to Select 200 and enhance my familiarity with my Linksys WRT 1900ACS Router and to implement best practices for managing the network map and the usage habits within our home office and among my 3 children.  We have tapped out the data as of March 19, 2017.   This puts Hughes at strike three.

And, if that were not enough frustration - I find additional insult on top of injury.  Hughes failed to close the residential service account and made additional and unauthorized charges to my credit card for the retired residential plan.  Hughes refused me a refund - but is supposedly rendering a credit from the residential account to offset  the business account.  THIS RESIDENTIAL ACCOUNT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED.  Note also that your residential dish and modem are still here on my property because no effort has been made by Hughes to pick them up or provide for the shipping as was promised.  Kindly review all my sales interactions with Hughes and my call to action is that you make a reasonable offer for my exit.  I have made a good faith effort to make the arrangement work but I cannot let this deficient service drown my business.  Again, I am trying to run a business - I have been forthcoming about this in every way in attempting to implement a workable internet plan with Hughes.   I will be looking forward to detailing each of the false assurances in a telephone call to the forum moderator, a sales manager,  or whomever is the decisionmaker in these matters in order to demonstrate that we have not received what we were sold.  I have no use for any input from any of the forum shills that I see trying to assuage and elbow paying customers while customarily making excuses for  poor internet service on this chatboard. I am also unpersuaded that this forum is understaffed. The false sales tactics employed by Hughes are actually fraud in the inducement and my lawyer has prepared a civil complaint for contract fraud to file and serve on Hughes entities and personnel if this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction. 

If you please - again, I would appreciate a prompt review and summary of my sales interactions with HughesNet and next steps in the wind-down process so I can keep my lawyer on the sidelines.  You may reference these recent case numbers[103188674, 103214662, 103188912].

Thank you.

cc: general counsel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tommyo,

I received an update and I'm glad to hear someone from the enterprise department reached out to you today. You have a direct line to her now, so feel free to call if you have any further questions.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Just going to throw this out there, legal threats do not work here, what, so, ever.  You are bound by arbitration, which your lawyer would inform you is 100% legal as has been seen in many court cases in the past.

That aside, name calling is against the community policies and guidelines.

As for the issues with accounts, usually to switch from Residential to Business, the Residential account is supposed to be cancelled and upon cancelation, Hughesnet is supposed to send out a box to return the HT1100 modem, and radio back.  Why it wasn't cancelled is beyond me.

Dear Corrosive - Lead,

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Just going to throw this out there, legal threats do not work here, what, so, ever.  You are bound by arbitration, which your lawyer would inform you is 100% legal as has been seen in many court cases in the past.

That aside, name calling is against the community policies and guidelines.

As for the issues with accounts, usually to switch from Residential to Business, the Residential account is supposed to be cancelled and upon cancelation, Hughesnet is supposed to send out a box to return the HT1100 modem, and radio back.  Why it wasn't cancelled is beyond me.

follow - or get out of the way.

MaryMcClure
Freshman

I hope you get closure here. I'm also in a fight over a refund of my "early termination fee" that they claimed they could not do without speaking to me, then claimed they did speak with me, but at a phone number that does not belong to me...at any rate, they are still holding my money and I am ready to get a lawyer as well.

Hi Tommyo,

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed account. This certainly helps, I'm sorry to hear all you've been through. I've sent your post to our enterprise department for them to address. I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything.

@MaryMcClure Hi Mary! As I've mentioned in your own thread, our agents have issued a credit for your ETF. I dug into your account to address your latest concern and it seems that a business rule requires a 10 day waiting period before this refund can be pushed out. Fortunately for you, I'm at the corporate office and we can have someone here get that refund to you sooner. I'll PM you once I have an update on that.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you Liz...in the meantime I have already incurred a $35 charge for insufficient funds, which I think HughesNet should pay because you are holding money that you never should have taken in the first place. I have two more bills due soon, and if I incur any more charges due to this, I will expect HughesNet to pay those as well. Thank you.

@Liz wrote:

@MaryMcClure Hi Mary! As I've mentioned in your own thread, our agents have issued a credit for your ETF. I dug into your account to address your latest concern and it seems that a business rule requires a 10 day waiting period before this refund can be pushed out. Fortunately for you, I'm at the corporate office and we can have someone here get that refund to you sooner. I'll PM you once I have an update on that.

For wrongful/unauthorized charges it is customary to be refunded to the source of payment - and this is true across all industries.  Hughes wrongfully charged me on a residential account for two months after the account was to be closed.  Why did I request that closure? Because I was sold on a Business Enterprise solution on what is really a cynical set of ploys asserted by that department.  I am to receive a money credit - however I object to Hughes now commingling my residential and business account directly against my wishes.  It really is outrageous to put the customer through a tedious transfer from residential to business - and then Hughes ultimately "forgot" to close my residential account - nothwithstanding the fact that the residential account closure was attempted by way of a three-way conference between myself, the residential representative and the Business Enterprise representative [Ken @ (844) 228-8233] back in January, 2017.

Hi Tommyo,

Thank you for your patience and understanding as our enterprise department is handling your case. Your case has been assigned and is currently being investigated. 

I woman called me at 4:35 p.m. yesterday from a Restricted line while I was driving my boys to their Little League game.  Asking her to identify herself she claimed to be a Hughes Customer service supervisor - I don't know if that means residential or business.    I missed her name if she gave it to me.  I summarized my position for her relating to the residential and business internet experience I have endured with HughesNet..   There was no followup by her to the representations made to me by the sales department. She repeatedly asked me to "verify what I am going to do".  I turned the table on her and asked her what she is going to do to make me whole. Unfortunately, she was not prepared to negotiate a way to make me whole. 

Kindly ensure that my issue is presented to the management level of the Business Enterprise division and that I demand a review of the sales calls if any such recorded records exist.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Good morning Tommyo,

Thank you for this update, I've sent this to the enterprise department.

Hi Tommyo,

I just got an update from the enterprise department, and I'm glad to hear they've reached out to you today to address your concerns.

Have a good weekend!

I am trying to complete the addressing of my concerns and am 24 minutes into a call to 866-347-3292.  The representative named Jennifer Nicole is unwilling to connect me to a manager or the agent named Nancy Jones who found the frauds relating to the review of Hughes sales calls to me.  I am simply trying to wind up my relationship with Hughes yet your people keep moving the goal posts.  Lets finalize this today.

The people representing Hughes today are ignoring the verbal settlement I achieved with Nancy Jones on March 31, 2017.  They wasted another 40 minutes of my time.  It is the portrait of poor management to allow employees to churn the time of customers.

I demand a call to me today at [edited to protect privacy] to close this matter.

Hughes customer service is the absolute worst experience I have had in 40 years of business.Woman Sad

Hi Tommyo,

I do apologize for the experience, please expect a call to address your concerns.

I also have received a very cryptic UPS memo relating to Hughes - will a real Hughes representative with a REAL NAME - and a REAL POSITION and A REAL PHONE NUMBER - PLEASE STAND UP?

Hi Tommyo,

I received an update and I'm glad to hear someone from the enterprise department reached out to you today. You have a direct line to her now, so feel free to call if you have any further questions.

Liz

Good morning Tommyo,

Thank you for posting. I've sent your post to the enterprise department to address.