cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Google Chrome secure enough?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Is Google Chrome secure enough?

I do use it, but you have to understand that I don't know any of this stuff.  No one ever explained why it's more secure, they always just said "it's more secure."  I can say that Gen 4 is better than the legacy plans, but it doesn't make it so unless I explain why.  You did that.  I appreciate the explanation. 

And when I say "they," I don't mean the people on here, I just mean people from past questions. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Years ago on a much older computer I actually had someone hack into my system and start typing on it...in front of me.  Taunting me.  Needless to say, that drive got wiped and everything reinstalled, and before ANYTHING else, I installed every protection measure on that thing I could think of, downloading them using a different system.  THAT was an eye opener.  You've probably never seen anyone pull a phone cord out of their computer so fast!  LOL. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Alum

Yea, it used to be a system resource hog. But that was mainly due to flash players back in the day being so rudimentary. So glad we've moved from that crap lol
Highlighted
Junior

Not in desktops (windows has the greatest shares) but world wide Linux has 98.8% of the top 500 and somewhere of about 58+% of the smartphones. OS X has a smaller share but it's a closed derivative of BSD which is a UNIX/Linux like OS.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Highlighted
Junior

Hey Chris,

I was trying to answer when my system went down. All of the sudden I only had power, receive and LAN lights on my terminal (Ser# B3 0010462017 A2) and it was disassociated. After 2 soft restarts and a pretty long wait it did come back online.
I know that you're busy but when you get a moment would you please look and see that everything's OK?
I understand that it could have been at the gateway, the weather here is good. Just want to see that we're good and not having an equipment issue.

Thx in advance.

Don  Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey Don

Was just about to leave for today when I saw your post... There are some really severe storms rolling through Tornado Alley right now and your gateway was subject to some severe weather (Amarillo, TX) But should be cleared. Now you know where to keep an eye out Smiley Happy

Amanda
Highlighted
Junior

Thanks Amanda. You're the greatest!
Have a good evening.

Don  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Poster

Whos bright idea was it to put gateways in tornado alley?
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Probably was located for strategic purposes well outside the scope of "consumer" things...  Also probably has historically the highest potential for good fiber connectivity as well as the least cloud coverage on average...