Hughesnet Community

Is there an early termination fee ? I just had installed on 3/20/16.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cooner2224

Is there an early termination fee ? I just had installed on 3/20/16.

I know there is a fee but I was told something about the first 30. It's only day one and am ready to cancel. So my question is Is there that 30 day time frame?
5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

There is no ETF if cancelled within the first thirty days of service.  If cancelled after that, but before your two year contract is up, it's $400.

Wanting to cancel after one day seems a little odd.  Are you having major problems with the service or something?  If you are, there are people on here who can help get things figured out.     

billmiller43

I have given up on Hughesnet, my 5/50gb plan works well, and I never have run out. BUT, tech support takes up hours of my time, and I pay for my cell phone at Tracfone. So staying on the phone for an hour runs me out of minutes. Then fixed my email login problem, told me it was at their end. Next morning same thing, can't log in! I suspect running out of data is a Windoz problem, as only PC's seem to have that problem. I suggest buy a used Mac to access the net. As long as it is running OS X 10. You can install and run windoz on a Mac, I recommend a separate partition or HDD. My PC's went in the trash when I retired almost ten years ago. I've used 260Mb in 4 days, at this rate I'll use half my anytime 5Gb.
Amanda

Hello cooner2224,

Welcome to our community. GabeU has given you the correct answer - but we're curious as to why you'd like to cancel after a day also?

Thanks
Amanda
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Running out of data is not a Windows problem, it's a user problem of not remaining cognizant usage, using the internet willy nilly, and not having things set up right.  The blame lies with the user, not the equipment. 

I'm 18 days into the month and have used 4.3GB of Anytime and 7GB of Bonus Bytes, and most of both of those was used with upgrading my folks' Windows 7 computer to Windows 8, then doing all of the updates, then upgrading it to 8.1, again doing updates afterward.  Then I updated a  nearly ten year old Dell to W7 from Vista, then updated, then upgraded it to Windows 10, then updated.  The latter computer was just to see how well a nearly ten year old computer would run Windows 10, but also so I could give it away as I don't use it and probably never will again.  There might be a local family with a kid that could use a computer at home for school work, but can't afford one.

Probably at least 80% of my usage this month was all of the upgrades and updates for those two computers, so my normal usage would be the rest. 

A Windows problem?  No, a user problem. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

This calculator is good to give some idea what uses data and how much for those who have no idea. Note the toll HD streaming takes, even SD can be costly if doing a lot of it.

http://www.cableone.net/Docs/datacalculator.html